Sep 30, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
The Izzone Campout is an annual rite of passage at Michigan State.
Every year, the Spartan student section spends one Friday night out on Munn Field, setting up tents and basketball hoops and grills and everything else a 19 year old college kid could possibly need to get him through a weekend night.
The players and coaching staff come hang out and spend some time with their supporters. It’s an all-around great event, but due to dwindling numbers, the administration was considering canceling this year’s event.
Well, it looks like the Izzone took that as a challenge, as more than 3,000 students set up more than 1,000 tents this year. The pictures of the event are awesome:
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 0
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 2
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 1
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 11
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (11)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)