Sep 30, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
The Izzone Campout is an annual rite of passage at Michigan State.
Every year, the Spartan student section spends one Friday night out on Munn Field, setting up tents and basketball hoops and grills and everything else a 19 year old college kid could possibly need to get him through a weekend night.
The players and coaching staff come hang out and spend some time with their supporters. It’s an all-around great event, but due to dwindling numbers, the administration was considering canceling this year’s event.
Well, it looks like the Izzone took that as a challenge, as more than 3,000 students set up more than 1,000 tents this year. The pictures of the event are awesome:
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)