Sep 30, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
The Izzone Campout is an annual rite of passage at Michigan State.
Every year, the Spartan student section spends one Friday night out on Munn Field, setting up tents and basketball hoops and grills and everything else a 19 year old college kid could possibly need to get him through a weekend night.
The players and coaching staff come hang out and spend some time with their supporters. It’s an all-around great event, but due to dwindling numbers, the administration was considering canceling this year’s event.
Well, it looks like the Izzone took that as a challenge, as more than 3,000 students set up more than 1,000 tents this year. The pictures of the event are awesome:
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 0
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Georgetown discusses becoming first college basketball team to wear ‘I Can’t Breathe’ T-shirts (PHOTO) (9)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)