Sep 30, 2013, 9:40 PM EST
After suffering a broken neck during a car accident earlier this month, Fresno State sophomore forward Braeden Anderson is recovering and back on campus.
Anderson suffered a displacement of the C-5 through C-6 vertebrae and went through two surgeries after the September 3rd collision in which he was a passenger and hit his head on the roof of the vehicle.
According to a report from ESPN.com’s Jeff Goodman, Anderson is back on campus — and recovering — and he’s expected to miss all of this season. Anderson also told Goodman that his mother is staying with him as he continues his recovery.
“I’m able to move my neck,” Anderson told Goodman. “My recovery is going ahead of schedule. The doctors told me that with the injury I suffered, I had a 0.6 percent chance of being discharged from the hospital. I’ve ended up making a full recovery. I know how fortunate I am.”
The 6’9″ Anderson missed much of last season as he was ruled ineligible and averaged 4.1 points and 3.5 rebounds after being cleared for the final 10 games of the season. The Canada native initially signed with Kansas before he wasn’t cleared by the NCAA and he opted instead to go to Fresno State.
Anderson was expected to be a key part of the Bulldogs’ season but will focus on improving his neck and making a full recovery.
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)