Sep 30, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
We officially have our first highlight from 2013 Midnight Madness celebrations even if it didn’t happen at midnight.
On Saturday, Pitt basketball hosted their Morning Madness, kicking off a day worth of tailgating for students getting ready to see the Panthers host Virginia on the gridiron.
There were dunk contests and some Pitt hoops Family Feud (every player has Miley Cyrus on their iPod), but the highlight was definitely seeing head coach Jamie Dixon roll up in a camouflage golf cart dressed as ‘Uncle Si’ from Duck Dynasty. Last year, Dixon dressed up as Jackie Moon, Will Ferrell’s character in SemiPro.
Believe it or not, Dixon, who hails from Southern California, is a card-carrying member of the Screen Actors Guild after starring in a couple of commercials as a kid. The fact that none of them are on youtube is a crying shame.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)