Oct 2, 2013, 11:42 AM EST
Kansas State head coach Bruce Weber landed a commitment from one of the best Junior College recruits in the country on Tuesday night, as Stephen Hurt made a pledge to head to Manhattan.
Just committed to Kansas State!!!!
— Stephen Hurt (@Swagga_Steve41) October 2, 2013
Hurt spent his freshman season at Lipscomb, where he averaged 11.5 points and 7.8 boards in 2012-13 while earning Atlantic Sun Freshman of the Year honors. But when head coach Scott Sanderson and the school parted ways after the season, Hurt made the decision to transfer to Northwest Florida State to try and play his way into a bigger program.
Hurt did just that.
He’s the first commitment for the Wildcats in the Class of 2014.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 0
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 0
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)