Oct 2, 2013, 11:42 AM EST
Kansas State head coach Bruce Weber landed a commitment from one of the best Junior College recruits in the country on Tuesday night, as Stephen Hurt made a pledge to head to Manhattan.
Just committed to Kansas State!!!!
— Stephen Hurt (@Swagga_Steve41) October 2, 2013
Hurt spent his freshman season at Lipscomb, where he averaged 11.5 points and 7.8 boards in 2012-13 while earning Atlantic Sun Freshman of the Year honors. But when head coach Scott Sanderson and the school parted ways after the season, Hurt made the decision to transfer to Northwest Florida State to try and play his way into a bigger program.
Hurt did just that.
He’s the first commitment for the Wildcats in the Class of 2014.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)