Oct 2, 2013, 11:42 AM EST
Kansas State head coach Bruce Weber landed a commitment from one of the best Junior College recruits in the country on Tuesday night, as Stephen Hurt made a pledge to head to Manhattan.
Just committed to Kansas State!!!!
— Stephen Hurt (@Swagga_Steve41) October 2, 2013
Hurt spent his freshman season at Lipscomb, where he averaged 11.5 points and 7.8 boards in 2012-13 while earning Atlantic Sun Freshman of the Year honors. But when head coach Scott Sanderson and the school parted ways after the season, Hurt made the decision to transfer to Northwest Florida State to try and play his way into a bigger program.
Hurt did just that.
He’s the first commitment for the Wildcats in the Class of 2014.
- Bubble Banter: St. John’s with a huge win, N.C. State with an ugly loss 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)