Oct 2, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
Kansas State head coach Bruce Weber landed a commitment from one of the best Junior College recruits in the country on Tuesday night, as Stephen Hurt made a pledge to head to Manhattan.
Just committed to Kansas State!!!!
— Stephen Hurt (@Swagga_Steve41) October 2, 2013
Hurt spent his freshman season at Lipscomb, where he averaged 11.5 points and 7.8 boards in 2012-13 while earning Atlantic Sun Freshman of the Year honors. But when head coach Scott Sanderson and the school parted ways after the season, Hurt made the decision to transfer to Northwest Florida State to try and play his way into a bigger program.
Hurt did just that.
He’s the first commitment for the Wildcats in the Class of 2014.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)