Oct 2, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
Kansas State head coach Bruce Weber landed a commitment from one of the best Junior College recruits in the country on Tuesday night, as Stephen Hurt made a pledge to head to Manhattan.
Just committed to Kansas State!!!!
— Stephen Hurt (@Swagga_Steve41) October 2, 2013
Hurt spent his freshman season at Lipscomb, where he averaged 11.5 points and 7.8 boards in 2012-13 while earning Atlantic Sun Freshman of the Year honors. But when head coach Scott Sanderson and the school parted ways after the season, Hurt made the decision to transfer to Northwest Florida State to try and play his way into a bigger program.
Hurt did just that.
He’s the first commitment for the Wildcats in the Class of 2014.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1