Oct 2, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
The first thing that you’ll learn when covering college basketball is that you should never, ever underestimate the passion — and insanity — of Kentucky basketball fans.
This morning at 5 a.m., fans were allowed to begin camping out for a spot in line to get a voucher for a ticket to Big Blue Madness. Those vouchers won’t be given out until 7 a.m. on Saturday morning. That’s a full 74 hours later.
Look at the rush to get a spot in line:
A record 650 tents were set up as of 9 a.m. Wednesday morning. This is what “Tent City” looks like now:
Remember, this is all for a chance to see Big Blue Madness, which can barely be qualified as a practice.
As Coach Cal would say, “You people are crazy.”
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)