Oct 2, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
The first thing that you’ll learn when covering college basketball is that you should never, ever underestimate the passion — and insanity — of Kentucky basketball fans.
This morning at 5 a.m., fans were allowed to begin camping out for a spot in line to get a voucher for a ticket to Big Blue Madness. Those vouchers won’t be given out until 7 a.m. on Saturday morning. That’s a full 74 hours later.
Look at the rush to get a spot in line:
A record 650 tents were set up as of 9 a.m. Wednesday morning. This is what “Tent City” looks like now:
Remember, this is all for a chance to see Big Blue Madness, which can barely be qualified as a practice.
As Coach Cal would say, “You people are crazy.”
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)