Oct 2, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
The first thing that you’ll learn when covering college basketball is that you should never, ever underestimate the passion — and insanity — of Kentucky basketball fans.
This morning at 5 a.m., fans were allowed to begin camping out for a spot in line to get a voucher for a ticket to Big Blue Madness. Those vouchers won’t be given out until 7 a.m. on Saturday morning. That’s a full 74 hours later.
Look at the rush to get a spot in line:
A record 650 tents were set up as of 9 a.m. Wednesday morning. This is what “Tent City” looks like now:
Remember, this is all for a chance to see Big Blue Madness, which can barely be qualified as a practice.
As Coach Cal would say, “You people are crazy.”
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)