Oct 2, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
The first thing that you’ll learn when covering college basketball is that you should never, ever underestimate the passion — and insanity — of Kentucky basketball fans.
This morning at 5 a.m., fans were allowed to begin camping out for a spot in line to get a voucher for a ticket to Big Blue Madness. Those vouchers won’t be given out until 7 a.m. on Saturday morning. That’s a full 74 hours later.
Look at the rush to get a spot in line:
A record 650 tents were set up as of 9 a.m. Wednesday morning. This is what “Tent City” looks like now:
Remember, this is all for a chance to see Big Blue Madness, which can barely be qualified as a practice.
As Coach Cal would say, “You people are crazy.”
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 2
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 1
- Former Rutgers player Derrick Randall sues school over Mike Rice’s actions 2
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings 1
- Maurice Creek, George Washington proving to be a match made in heaven 0
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)