Oct 2, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
The first thing that you’ll learn when covering college basketball is that you should never, ever underestimate the passion — and insanity — of Kentucky basketball fans.
This morning at 5 a.m., fans were allowed to begin camping out for a spot in line to get a voucher for a ticket to Big Blue Madness. Those vouchers won’t be given out until 7 a.m. on Saturday morning. That’s a full 74 hours later.
Look at the rush to get a spot in line:
A record 650 tents were set up as of 9 a.m. Wednesday morning. This is what “Tent City” looks like now:
Remember, this is all for a chance to see Big Blue Madness, which can barely be qualified as a practice.
As Coach Cal would say, “You people are crazy.”
- Dummy’s Guide to filling out an NCAA tournament bracket 0
- Picking an NCAA tournament bracket in 68 seconds 0
- Seven must-watch NCAA tournament Round of 64 games 0
- South Region Preview: Can anyone stop the Florida Gators? 0
- East Region Preview: Are Michigan State and Iowa State the two best teams? 2
- West Region Preview: Arizona rules, but chaos could reign 2
- Midwest Region Preview: Is 4-seed Louisville the favorite? 2
- POSTERIZED: Dunks of the Year compilation missing the Dunk of the Year (VIDEO) 0
- TV schedules, announcer pairings for 2014 NCAA Tournament 0
- Conference breakdown for 2014 NCAA Tournament 0
- Was Duke’s Rodney Hood fouled by Clemson? You make the call (VIDEO) (21)
- Bracketology: Final No. 1 seed still a question mark (16)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Big Ten Tournament: Michigan survives furious Ohio State comeback (9)
- 2014 NCAA Tournament South Region: Instant Analysis (9)