Oct 3, 2013, 3:27 PM EDT
Cat Barber was the first casualty of practice down at N.C. State.
On Tuesday, he highly-touted freshman knocked heads with T.J. Warren after diving for a loose ball and got a concussion. According to a release from the athletic department, Barber is considered day-to-day as he works his way through the school’s concussion protocol.
This is the second scare that Barber has had in Raleigh, as he also injured his foot and gave the city quite a scare by tweeting out a picture of him wearing a walking boot.
Barber is expected to join Tyler Lewis running the show in the Wolfpack back court.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)