Oct 3, 2013, 12:03 PM EDT
Rick Pitino is doing the media rounds this week after releasing his new book called The One-Day Contract.
He’s one of the more fascinating characters in sports these days. After going through a humiliating, self-inflicted public lawsuit a couple of years back, one which nearly cost him his job and his family, Pitino has come back stronger than ever, leading Louisville to the 2013 National Title, getting inducted into the Hall of Fame, getting a horse into the Kentucky Derby, having a bottle of Maker’s Mark made in his honor and, to top it off, catching an 80 pound marlin.
He also did all this after a disastrous stretch with the Celtics back in the mid-90’s, which is probably why he decided to give an interview to a local sports talk station up in Beantown.
And, well, it didn’t exactly go well (you can listen to the entire interview here):
Host: We are joined by Rick Pitino, former coach of the Celtics, current coach of the Louisville Cardinals who won the national championship. Rick Pitino, hello!
Pitino: Morning, guys.
Host: You stink. You ruined the Celtics.
The host then immediately hung up the phone.
That’s not funny. It’s unprofessional. And while it may have gotten a laugh out of a couple of people in the studio with him, it certainly isn’t going to help other media members looking to get access to Pitino.
Folks like that radio host are why “the media” gets a bad name.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1