Oct 3, 2013, 12:03 PM EST
Rick Pitino is doing the media rounds this week after releasing his new book called The One-Day Contract.
He’s one of the more fascinating characters in sports these days. After going through a humiliating, self-inflicted public lawsuit a couple of years back, one which nearly cost him his job and his family, Pitino has come back stronger than ever, leading Louisville to the 2013 National Title, getting inducted into the Hall of Fame, getting a horse into the Kentucky Derby, having a bottle of Maker’s Mark made in his honor and, to top it off, catching an 80 pound marlin.
He also did all this after a disastrous stretch with the Celtics back in the mid-90’s, which is probably why he decided to give an interview to a local sports talk station up in Beantown.
And, well, it didn’t exactly go well (you can listen to the entire interview here):
Host: We are joined by Rick Pitino, former coach of the Celtics, current coach of the Louisville Cardinals who won the national championship. Rick Pitino, hello!
Pitino: Morning, guys.
Host: You stink. You ruined the Celtics.
The host then immediately hung up the phone.
That’s not funny. It’s unprofessional. And while it may have gotten a laugh out of a couple of people in the studio with him, it certainly isn’t going to help other media members looking to get access to Pitino.
Folks like that radio host are why “the media” gets a bad name.
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 1
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)