Oct 4, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
Outside of leading returning scorer and rebounder K.J. McDaniels (10.2, 5.0), the Clemson Tigers don’t have much depth at the small forward position. Outside of the 6-foot-7 junior the majority of their experience is on the perimeter, with guards Jordan Roper, Adonis Filer and Demarcus Harrison among the returnees.
With this in mind the Tigers needed to land a small forward in their 2014 recruiting class, and on Friday morning Brad Brownell’s program received a verbal commitment from Top 100 prospect Donte Grantham (subscription required). The news was first reported by Evan Daniels of Scout.com. The 6-foot-8 Grantham currently attends Hargrave Military Academy, and he was also being pursued by Cincinnati and Michigan. Earlier this week the Wolverines received a verbal commitment from 6-foot-7 wing Kameron Chatman.
Grantham made the move over to Hargrave from Martinsburg High in his native Martinsburg, W. Va., where he was a key contributor on a team that finished the 2012-13 season with a 26-2 record and won the West Virginia Class AAA state title. Grantham tallied 20 points and 17 rebounds in the victory. After graduating from Martinsburg Grantham made the decision to attend prep school for a year.
Grantham joins 6-foot-4 shooting guard Gabe DeVoe in Clemson’s 2014 recruiting class, and here a few clips of the versatile Grantham in action earlier this summer.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0