Oct 4, 2013, 10:10 AM EST
Outside of leading returning scorer and rebounder K.J. McDaniels (10.2, 5.0), the Clemson Tigers don’t have much depth at the small forward position. Outside of the 6-foot-7 junior the majority of their experience is on the perimeter, with guards Jordan Roper, Adonis Filer and Demarcus Harrison among the returnees.
With this in mind the Tigers needed to land a small forward in their 2014 recruiting class, and on Friday morning Brad Brownell’s program received a verbal commitment from Top 100 prospect Donte Grantham (subscription required). The news was first reported by Evan Daniels of Scout.com. The 6-foot-8 Grantham currently attends Hargrave Military Academy, and he was also being pursued by Cincinnati and Michigan. Earlier this week the Wolverines received a verbal commitment from 6-foot-7 wing Kameron Chatman.
Grantham made the move over to Hargrave from Martinsburg High in his native Martinsburg, W. Va., where he was a key contributor on a team that finished the 2012-13 season with a 26-2 record and won the West Virginia Class AAA state title. Grantham tallied 20 points and 17 rebounds in the victory. After graduating from Martinsburg Grantham made the decision to attend prep school for a year.
Grantham joins 6-foot-4 shooting guard Gabe DeVoe in Clemson’s 2014 recruiting class, and here a few clips of the versatile Grantham in action earlier this summer.
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 1
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)