Oct 7, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
Is Andrew Wiggins even old enough to get this reference?
During Late Night in the Phog this past weekend the newcomers to the Kansas Jayhawks — and there’s a lot of them — parodied the initiation scene from the comedy Old School, a movie that was released in theaters two days before Wiggins turned 8-years-old. It’s pretty funny stuff, especially with Bill Self, playing the role of Will Ferrell’s character Frank “The Tank” Ricard, insulting and questioning all of the new faces in Lawrence. There’s also a cameo from the legendary Max Falkenstein, who was imitating the character of Joseph “Blue” Pulaski.
With the movie parodies, the dunks from Wiggins and the dancing, Late Night in the Phog will be a tough act to follow for other Midnight Madness festivities around the nation.
[h/t College Spun]
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)