Oct 7, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
Is Andrew Wiggins even old enough to get this reference?
During Late Night in the Phog this past weekend the newcomers to the Kansas Jayhawks — and there’s a lot of them — parodied the initiation scene from the comedy Old School, a movie that was released in theaters two days before Wiggins turned 8-years-old. It’s pretty funny stuff, especially with Bill Self, playing the role of Will Ferrell’s character Frank “The Tank” Ricard, insulting and questioning all of the new faces in Lawrence. There’s also a cameo from the legendary Max Falkenstein, who was imitating the character of Joseph “Blue” Pulaski.
With the movie parodies, the dunks from Wiggins and the dancing, Late Night in the Phog will be a tough act to follow for other Midnight Madness festivities around the nation.
[h/t College Spun]
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (5)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)