Oct 7, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
Is Andrew Wiggins even old enough to get this reference?
During Late Night in the Phog this past weekend the newcomers to the Kansas Jayhawks — and there’s a lot of them — parodied the initiation scene from the comedy Old School, a movie that was released in theaters two days before Wiggins turned 8-years-old. It’s pretty funny stuff, especially with Bill Self, playing the role of Will Ferrell’s character Frank “The Tank” Ricard, insulting and questioning all of the new faces in Lawrence. There’s also a cameo from the legendary Max Falkenstein, who was imitating the character of Joseph “Blue” Pulaski.
With the movie parodies, the dunks from Wiggins and the dancing, Late Night in the Phog will be a tough act to follow for other Midnight Madness festivities around the nation.
[h/t College Spun]
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)