Oct 7, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
Is Andrew Wiggins even old enough to get this reference?
During Late Night in the Phog this past weekend the newcomers to the Kansas Jayhawks — and there’s a lot of them — parodied the initiation scene from the comedy Old School, a movie that was released in theaters two days before Wiggins turned 8-years-old. It’s pretty funny stuff, especially with Bill Self, playing the role of Will Ferrell’s character Frank “The Tank” Ricard, insulting and questioning all of the new faces in Lawrence. There’s also a cameo from the legendary Max Falkenstein, who was imitating the character of Joseph “Blue” Pulaski.
With the movie parodies, the dunks from Wiggins and the dancing, Late Night in the Phog will be a tough act to follow for other Midnight Madness festivities around the nation.
[h/t College Spun]
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)