Oct 7, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
Is Andrew Wiggins even old enough to get this reference?
During Late Night in the Phog this past weekend the newcomers to the Kansas Jayhawks — and there’s a lot of them — parodied the initiation scene from the comedy Old School, a movie that was released in theaters two days before Wiggins turned 8-years-old. It’s pretty funny stuff, especially with Bill Self, playing the role of Will Ferrell’s character Frank “The Tank” Ricard, insulting and questioning all of the new faces in Lawrence. There’s also a cameo from the legendary Max Falkenstein, who was imitating the character of Joseph “Blue” Pulaski.
With the movie parodies, the dunks from Wiggins and the dancing, Late Night in the Phog will be a tough act to follow for other Midnight Madness festivities around the nation.
[h/t College Spun]
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (17)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)