Oct 7, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
It’s always fun to hear about horror stories when it comes to putting together a schedule for a college hoops team, and on Monday morning, ESPN.com’s Andy Katz had a good one.
The Oregon hoops team will kick off their season by heading out to Seoul, South Korea, where they will take on Georgetown in a game at Camp Humphries, which means that their first home game was scheduled to take place on November 13th.
The Ducks were supposed to host Arkansas-Pine Bluff, but last week, the school called and cancelled their trip to Eugene. that put Director of Basketball Operations Josh Jamieson in a tough spot. He called around to a dozen-or-so schools before finally getting Western Carolina to agree to play for $85,000-$90,000, according to Katz.
Here’s the funny part: Oregon has already sent out tickets, which means that some folks entering the arena will leave with a ticket stub that says Arkansas-Pine Bluff instead of Western Carolina.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)