Oct 8, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
Johnny Jones continued his strong work on the recruiting trail as the LSU head coach picked up a commitment from Texas native Elbert Robinson, the biggest player in the Class of 2014.
Robinson, who is ranked 51st by Rivals, is listed at 7-foot-0 and 320 pounds and he knows how to use that size. He’s excellent at establishing position in the post, he’s got good hands and a soft touch around the basket, and he’s a lefty to boot.
The key, obviously, is going to be conditioning for Robinson. If he can’t stay in good enough shape to be able to play 25-30 minutes and if he’s not quick enough to be able to defend opposing big men, than his impact at the collegiate level will be limited, a la Josh Smith.
Robinson joins power forward Aaron Epps in LSU’s 2014 recruiting class.
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)