Oct 8, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Johnny Jones continued his strong work on the recruiting trail as the LSU head coach picked up a commitment from Texas native Elbert Robinson, the biggest player in the Class of 2014.
Robinson, who is ranked 51st by Rivals, is listed at 7-foot-0 and 320 pounds and he knows how to use that size. He’s excellent at establishing position in the post, he’s got good hands and a soft touch around the basket, and he’s a lefty to boot.
The key, obviously, is going to be conditioning for Robinson. If he can’t stay in good enough shape to be able to play 25-30 minutes and if he’s not quick enough to be able to defend opposing big men, than his impact at the collegiate level will be limited, a la Josh Smith.
Robinson joins power forward Aaron Epps in LSU’s 2014 recruiting class.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)