Oct 8, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Johnny Jones continued his strong work on the recruiting trail as the LSU head coach picked up a commitment from Texas native Elbert Robinson, the biggest player in the Class of 2014.
Robinson, who is ranked 51st by Rivals, is listed at 7-foot-0 and 320 pounds and he knows how to use that size. He’s excellent at establishing position in the post, he’s got good hands and a soft touch around the basket, and he’s a lefty to boot.
The key, obviously, is going to be conditioning for Robinson. If he can’t stay in good enough shape to be able to play 25-30 minutes and if he’s not quick enough to be able to defend opposing big men, than his impact at the collegiate level will be limited, a la Josh Smith.
Robinson joins power forward Aaron Epps in LSU’s 2014 recruiting class.
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)