Oct 8, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Johnny Jones continued his strong work on the recruiting trail as the LSU head coach picked up a commitment from Texas native Elbert Robinson, the biggest player in the Class of 2014.
Robinson, who is ranked 51st by Rivals, is listed at 7-foot-0 and 320 pounds and he knows how to use that size. He’s excellent at establishing position in the post, he’s got good hands and a soft touch around the basket, and he’s a lefty to boot.
The key, obviously, is going to be conditioning for Robinson. If he can’t stay in good enough shape to be able to play 25-30 minutes and if he’s not quick enough to be able to defend opposing big men, than his impact at the collegiate level will be limited, a la Josh Smith.
Robinson joins power forward Aaron Epps in LSU’s 2014 recruiting class.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)