Oct 9, 2013, 9:28 PM EDT
Given some of the outlandish court designs that have been unveiled this offseason, Creighton’s submission isn’t one that will spark widespread panic (or worse).
But what the change does represent is a new era, with the school now a member of the Big East Conference. With veterans like Doug McDermott, Grant Gibbs and Jahenns Manigat leading the way, head coach Greg McDermott’s program has the pieces needed to be a factor in the Big East immediately.
Creighton won 28 games last season, reaching the NCAA tournament for the second consecutive season. And with the players mentioned above back for another run, fans expect the Bluejays to earn a third straight trip while playing on the new floor.
No wild swarm of angry bluejays (for Creighton it’s ‘bluejay” as one word as opposed to “blue jay”) plastered all over the floor. Just the secondary logo at mid-court with the Big East logo in both free throw lanes. The new logo catches the eye, but it’s simple. And when compared to some of the other floors we’ve seen unveiled this summer/fall, that’s probably a good thing.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 5
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)