Oct 9, 2013, 9:28 PM EDT
Given some of the outlandish court designs that have been unveiled this offseason, Creighton’s submission isn’t one that will spark widespread panic (or worse).
But what the change does represent is a new era, with the school now a member of the Big East Conference. With veterans like Doug McDermott, Grant Gibbs and Jahenns Manigat leading the way, head coach Greg McDermott’s program has the pieces needed to be a factor in the Big East immediately.
Creighton won 28 games last season, reaching the NCAA tournament for the second consecutive season. And with the players mentioned above back for another run, fans expect the Bluejays to earn a third straight trip while playing on the new floor.
No wild swarm of angry bluejays (for Creighton it’s ‘bluejay” as one word as opposed to “blue jay”) plastered all over the floor. Just the secondary logo at mid-court with the Big East logo in both free throw lanes. The new logo catches the eye, but it’s simple. And when compared to some of the other floors we’ve seen unveiled this summer/fall, that’s probably a good thing.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)