Oct 9, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Last Tuesday, N.C. State put out a release that freshman point guard Cat Barber had suffered a concussion.
He collided with T.J. Warren at practice, and while the bigger Warren was unhurt, Barber was. If there is anything that we’ve learned about concussions over the last couple of years, it’s that they are no longer to be taken lightly.
It’s with that caveat that I tell you that Barber, who was listed as day-to-day, has still not returned to practice. And according to the Fayetteville Observer, he isn’t expected back to practice for the rest of this week.
Barber was a five-star recruit and is expected to join forces with Tyler Lewis to create one of the more exciting back courts in the ACC, but first he has to get over this concussion and get back on the court. Given that the season is still a month away, I’d assume that these measures are more precautionary than anything, but Barber’s status will be worth keeping an eye on.
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 0
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)