Oct 9, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Last Tuesday, N.C. State put out a release that freshman point guard Cat Barber had suffered a concussion.
He collided with T.J. Warren at practice, and while the bigger Warren was unhurt, Barber was. If there is anything that we’ve learned about concussions over the last couple of years, it’s that they are no longer to be taken lightly.
It’s with that caveat that I tell you that Barber, who was listed as day-to-day, has still not returned to practice. And according to the Fayetteville Observer, he isn’t expected back to practice for the rest of this week.
Barber was a five-star recruit and is expected to join forces with Tyler Lewis to create one of the more exciting back courts in the ACC, but first he has to get over this concussion and get back on the court. Given that the season is still a month away, I’d assume that these measures are more precautionary than anything, but Barber’s status will be worth keeping an eye on.
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 0
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 0
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 1
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 5 Oklahoma State’s win over Purdue exemplifies issues with new foul rules (3)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)