Oct 9, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Last Tuesday, N.C. State put out a release that freshman point guard Cat Barber had suffered a concussion.
He collided with T.J. Warren at practice, and while the bigger Warren was unhurt, Barber was. If there is anything that we’ve learned about concussions over the last couple of years, it’s that they are no longer to be taken lightly.
It’s with that caveat that I tell you that Barber, who was listed as day-to-day, has still not returned to practice. And according to the Fayetteville Observer, he isn’t expected back to practice for the rest of this week.
Barber was a five-star recruit and is expected to join forces with Tyler Lewis to create one of the more exciting back courts in the ACC, but first he has to get over this concussion and get back on the court. Given that the season is still a month away, I’d assume that these measures are more precautionary than anything, but Barber’s status will be worth keeping an eye on.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)