Oct 9, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Last Tuesday, N.C. State put out a release that freshman point guard Cat Barber had suffered a concussion.
He collided with T.J. Warren at practice, and while the bigger Warren was unhurt, Barber was. If there is anything that we’ve learned about concussions over the last couple of years, it’s that they are no longer to be taken lightly.
It’s with that caveat that I tell you that Barber, who was listed as day-to-day, has still not returned to practice. And according to the Fayetteville Observer, he isn’t expected back to practice for the rest of this week.
Barber was a five-star recruit and is expected to join forces with Tyler Lewis to create one of the more exciting back courts in the ACC, but first he has to get over this concussion and get back on the court. Given that the season is still a month away, I’d assume that these measures are more precautionary than anything, but Barber’s status will be worth keeping an eye on.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)