Oct 9, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Last Tuesday, N.C. State put out a release that freshman point guard Cat Barber had suffered a concussion.
He collided with T.J. Warren at practice, and while the bigger Warren was unhurt, Barber was. If there is anything that we’ve learned about concussions over the last couple of years, it’s that they are no longer to be taken lightly.
It’s with that caveat that I tell you that Barber, who was listed as day-to-day, has still not returned to practice. And according to the Fayetteville Observer, he isn’t expected back to practice for the rest of this week.
Barber was a five-star recruit and is expected to join forces with Tyler Lewis to create one of the more exciting back courts in the ACC, but first he has to get over this concussion and get back on the court. Given that the season is still a month away, I’d assume that these measures are more precautionary than anything, but Barber’s status will be worth keeping an eye on.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)