Oct 9, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
UConn made a nice pickup on Wednesday morning as Sam Cassell Jr. announced that he had committed to Kevin Ollie and the Huskies.
“Blessed to say that I have committed to the University of Connecticut,” Cassell tweeted.
Cassell is, obviously, the son of former NBA star Sam Cassell. Originally a Maryland-signee, Cassell was a non-qualifier coming out of Notre Dame Prep. He’s spent the past two years at Chipola Junior College down in Tallahassee.
With Shabazz Napier graduating after the season and Ryan Boatright scheduled to be a senior in 2014-2015, UConn needed a ball-handler out of this class, and they got one. Coming out of high school, Cassell was the No. 146 player in the Class of 2012.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)
- Wichita State lands transfer guard from Texas A&M (2)