Oct 9, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
UConn made a nice pickup on Wednesday morning as Sam Cassell Jr. announced that he had committed to Kevin Ollie and the Huskies.
“Blessed to say that I have committed to the University of Connecticut,” Cassell tweeted.
Cassell is, obviously, the son of former NBA star Sam Cassell. Originally a Maryland-signee, Cassell was a non-qualifier coming out of Notre Dame Prep. He’s spent the past two years at Chipola Junior College down in Tallahassee.
With Shabazz Napier graduating after the season and Ryan Boatright scheduled to be a senior in 2014-2015, UConn needed a ball-handler out of this class, and they got one. Coming out of high school, Cassell was the No. 146 player in the Class of 2012.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)