Oct 13, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
Buzz Williams picked up a big commitment in his 2014 recruiting class when Ahmed Hill, a 6-foot-5 combo guard from Augusta, GA, pledged a verbal commitment to Marquette on Saturday.
Hill was courted by a slew of schools such as Indiana, where he visited two weekends ago, and Missouri where he was slated to visit in early November, but ultimately settled on Marquette after visiting the school this weekend.
Hill tweeted on Saturday afternoon:
According to Paint Touches, a site dedicated to Marquette basketball, Hill was leaning towards committing to Marquette in late September after an in-home visit by Buzz Williams went very well.
After Hill committed to Marquette, he reaffirmed his affinity for Williams and the staff at Marquette as he told Reggie Rankin of ESPN.com, “I have a great relationship with coach Buzz [Williams] and coach Isaac Chew. I just needed to come and check everything out…My mom (Donna Hill) came with me and she was very comfortable with what the coaches told and showed us.”
Below is a highlight tape of Hill’s from the Big Strick Classic:
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (75)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)