Oct 13, 2013, 12:15 PM EST
Buzz Williams picked up a big commitment in his 2014 recruiting class when Ahmed Hill, a 6-foot-5 combo guard from Augusta, GA, pledged a verbal commitment to Marquette on Saturday.
Hill was courted by a slew of schools such as Indiana, where he visited two weekends ago, and Missouri where he was slated to visit in early November, but ultimately settled on Marquette after visiting the school this weekend.
Hill tweeted on Saturday afternoon:
Thanks to all the fans an coaches that have supported me through this process it's been a great run, but I have committed to Marquette!!—
Ahmed Hill (@MedHill_14) October 12, 2013
According to Paint Touches, a site dedicated to Marquette basketball, Hill was leaning towards committing to Marquette in late September after an in-home visit by Buzz Williams went very well.
After Hill committed to Marquette, he reaffirmed his affinity for Williams and the staff at Marquette as he told Reggie Rankin of ESPN.com, ”I have a great relationship with coach Buzz [Williams] and coach Isaac Chew. I just needed to come and check everything out…My mom (Donna Hill) came with me and she was very comfortable with what the coaches told and showed us.”
Below is a highlight tape of Hill’s from the Big Strick Classic:
- Weekend Preview: Iowa-Iowa State highlights a rivalry-heavy weekend slate 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Teams 0
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Who are the top five teams as of today? 1
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 1
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Why is Kentucky’s attendance going down? UK writer says Rupp is ‘stale’ (4)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Weekend Preview: Iowa-Iowa State highlights a rivalry-heavy weekend slate (3)
- Late Night Snacks: Rhode Island rivalry and VCU’s overtime (2)