Oct 13, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
Buzz Williams picked up a big commitment in his 2014 recruiting class when Ahmed Hill, a 6-foot-5 combo guard from Augusta, GA, pledged a verbal commitment to Marquette on Saturday.
Hill was courted by a slew of schools such as Indiana, where he visited two weekends ago, and Missouri where he was slated to visit in early November, but ultimately settled on Marquette after visiting the school this weekend.
Hill tweeted on Saturday afternoon:
Thanks to all the fans an coaches that have supported me through this process it's been a great run, but I have committed to Marquette!!—
Ahmed Hill (@MedHill_14) October 12, 2013
According to Paint Touches, a site dedicated to Marquette basketball, Hill was leaning towards committing to Marquette in late September after an in-home visit by Buzz Williams went very well.
After Hill committed to Marquette, he reaffirmed his affinity for Williams and the staff at Marquette as he told Reggie Rankin of ESPN.com, ”I have a great relationship with coach Buzz [Williams] and coach Isaac Chew. I just needed to come and check everything out…My mom (Donna Hill) came with me and she was very comfortable with what the coaches told and showed us.”
Below is a highlight tape of Hill’s from the Big Strick Classic:
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 0
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 2
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 1
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 11
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (11)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)