Oct 13, 2013, 12:15 PM EST
Buzz Williams picked up a big commitment in his 2014 recruiting class when Ahmed Hill, a 6-foot-5 combo guard from Augusta, GA, pledged a verbal commitment to Marquette on Saturday.
Hill was courted by a slew of schools such as Indiana, where he visited two weekends ago, and Missouri where he was slated to visit in early November, but ultimately settled on Marquette after visiting the school this weekend.
Hill tweeted on Saturday afternoon:
According to Paint Touches, a site dedicated to Marquette basketball, Hill was leaning towards committing to Marquette in late September after an in-home visit by Buzz Williams went very well.
After Hill committed to Marquette, he reaffirmed his affinity for Williams and the staff at Marquette as he told Reggie Rankin of ESPN.com, “I have a great relationship with coach Buzz [Williams] and coach Isaac Chew. I just needed to come and check everything out…My mom (Donna Hill) came with me and she was very comfortable with what the coaches told and showed us.”
Below is a highlight tape of Hill’s from the Big Strick Classic:
- New Year’s Resolutions: Illinois Fighting Illini 0
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 1
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (3)