Oct 13, 2013, 12:15 PM EST
Buzz Williams picked up a big commitment in his 2014 recruiting class when Ahmed Hill, a 6-foot-5 combo guard from Augusta, GA, pledged a verbal commitment to Marquette on Saturday.
Hill was courted by a slew of schools such as Indiana, where he visited two weekends ago, and Missouri where he was slated to visit in early November, but ultimately settled on Marquette after visiting the school this weekend.
Hill tweeted on Saturday afternoon:
According to Paint Touches, a site dedicated to Marquette basketball, Hill was leaning towards committing to Marquette in late September after an in-home visit by Buzz Williams went very well.
After Hill committed to Marquette, he reaffirmed his affinity for Williams and the staff at Marquette as he told Reggie Rankin of ESPN.com, “I have a great relationship with coach Buzz [Williams] and coach Isaac Chew. I just needed to come and check everything out…My mom (Donna Hill) came with me and she was very comfortable with what the coaches told and showed us.”
Below is a highlight tape of Hill’s from the Big Strick Classic:
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)