Oct 13, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Last week it was reported that the Duke basketball team would embark on a four day trip to New York to visit West Point, the Museum of Modern Art, the Apollo Theatre, the National 9/11 Memorial and One World Trade Center, as well as take in a Broadway play.
Yesterday, the Blue Devils spent the day just north of Manhattan at West Point to learn of the history of the academy and interact with current and former members of the basketball team.
Ostensibly, one of the highlights of the visit was holding and posing with some rifles — mind you, they are simulators, not vintage rifles:
Of course, Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski began his career both as a player and coach at West Point, so one can bet the longtime coach was overcome with several nostalgic moments when walking around the picturesque campus. Below are a few photos courtesy of @BlueDevil_NTWRK
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 0
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Congratulations to Dickie V on 35 years of broadcasting (VIDEO) (2)
- VCU’s half court scoring issues becoming a concern? (2)