Oct 14, 2013, 10:13 AM EST
P.J. Hairston’s legal issues are now officially resolved.
Three times this summer, Hairston found himself cited for a traffic violation, the last of which was settled on Friday. Hairston was pulled over for driving 54 mph in a 45 mph zone in May in a Chevy Camaro rented by an associate of convicted felon Fats Thomas. The court date was pushed back to this past Friday, where Hairston paid a $15 fee for the ticket and $188 in court costs.
Hairston was also pulled over driving a GMC Tahoe that was rented by Thomas himself in June. He was charged with driving without a license and drug possession in that incident, but those charges were dropped. In July, Hairston got caught going 93 mph in a 65 mph zone. He was charged with reckless driving, but pleaded guilty to a lesser charge and paid a fine.
While Hairston’s issues in the eyes of the court system may be resolved, they aren’t in the eyes of the NCAA and Roy Williams. Driving a car that was rented for him may be an NCAA violation, and Williams has made it quite clear that despite the fact that Hairston is currently practicing with the Tar Heels, he will miss games this season.
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 0
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)