Oct 14, 2013, 10:13 AM EDT
P.J. Hairston’s legal issues are now officially resolved.
Three times this summer, Hairston found himself cited for a traffic violation, the last of which was settled on Friday. Hairston was pulled over for driving 54 mph in a 45 mph zone in May in a Chevy Camaro rented by an associate of convicted felon Fats Thomas. The court date was pushed back to this past Friday, where Hairston paid a $15 fee for the ticket and $188 in court costs.
Hairston was also pulled over driving a GMC Tahoe that was rented by Thomas himself in June. He was charged with driving without a license and drug possession in that incident, but those charges were dropped. In July, Hairston got caught going 93 mph in a 65 mph zone. He was charged with reckless driving, but pleaded guilty to a lesser charge and paid a fine.
While Hairston’s issues in the eyes of the court system may be resolved, they aren’t in the eyes of the NCAA and Roy Williams. Driving a car that was rented for him may be an NCAA violation, and Williams has made it quite clear that despite the fact that Hairston is currently practicing with the Tar Heels, he will miss games this season.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)