Oct 14, 2013, 10:13 AM EDT
P.J. Hairston’s legal issues are now officially resolved.
Three times this summer, Hairston found himself cited for a traffic violation, the last of which was settled on Friday. Hairston was pulled over for driving 54 mph in a 45 mph zone in May in a Chevy Camaro rented by an associate of convicted felon Fats Thomas. The court date was pushed back to this past Friday, where Hairston paid a $15 fee for the ticket and $188 in court costs.
Hairston was also pulled over driving a GMC Tahoe that was rented by Thomas himself in June. He was charged with driving without a license and drug possession in that incident, but those charges were dropped. In July, Hairston got caught going 93 mph in a 65 mph zone. He was charged with reckless driving, but pleaded guilty to a lesser charge and paid a fine.
While Hairston’s issues in the eyes of the court system may be resolved, they aren’t in the eyes of the NCAA and Roy Williams. Driving a car that was rented for him may be an NCAA violation, and Williams has made it quite clear that despite the fact that Hairston is currently practicing with the Tar Heels, he will miss games this season.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0