Oct 14, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
The SEC tournament will be held in Nashville for the foreseeable future.
On Monday, the SEC sent out a press release for a “historic announcement” on Tuesday. According to a report from The Tennessean, the announcement will be that, beginning with next season’s SEC tournament, the event will be held in Nashville for nine straights years.
Nashville played host to the SEC tournament in 2013 and was already on the schedule to host it in 2015, 2016 and 2019. The event will be in Atlanta at the Georgia Dome this season.
Nashville will also host the SEC women’s tournament in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 0
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role (2)