Oct 14, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
The SEC tournament will be held in Nashville for the foreseeable future.
On Monday, the SEC sent out a press release for a “historic announcement” on Tuesday. According to a report from The Tennessean, the announcement will be that, beginning with next season’s SEC tournament, the event will be held in Nashville for nine straights years.
Nashville played host to the SEC tournament in 2013 and was already on the schedule to host it in 2015, 2016 and 2019. The event will be in Atlanta at the Georgia Dome this season.
Nashville will also host the SEC women’s tournament in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)