Oct 14, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
The SEC tournament will be held in Nashville for the foreseeable future.
On Monday, the SEC sent out a press release for a “historic announcement” on Tuesday. According to a report from The Tennessean, the announcement will be that, beginning with next season’s SEC tournament, the event will be held in Nashville for nine straights years.
Nashville played host to the SEC tournament in 2013 and was already on the schedule to host it in 2015, 2016 and 2019. The event will be in Atlanta at the Georgia Dome this season.
Nashville will also host the SEC women’s tournament in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)