Oct 14, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
The SEC tournament will be held in Nashville for the foreseeable future.
On Monday, the SEC sent out a press release for a “historic announcement” on Tuesday. According to a report from The Tennessean, the announcement will be that, beginning with next season’s SEC tournament, the event will be held in Nashville for nine straights years.
Nashville played host to the SEC tournament in 2013 and was already on the schedule to host it in 2015, 2016 and 2019. The event will be in Atlanta at the Georgia Dome this season.
Nashville will also host the SEC women’s tournament in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 1
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)