Oct 14, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
The SEC tournament will be held in Nashville for the foreseeable future.
On Monday, the SEC sent out a press release for a “historic announcement” on Tuesday. According to a report from The Tennessean, the announcement will be that, beginning with next season’s SEC tournament, the event will be held in Nashville for nine straights years.
Nashville played host to the SEC tournament in 2013 and was already on the schedule to host it in 2015, 2016 and 2019. The event will be in Atlanta at the Georgia Dome this season.
Nashville will also host the SEC women’s tournament in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)