Oct 15, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
On Tuesday afternoon, the Bruins freshman forward Wanaah Bail was granted a waiver by the NCAA to play immediately following his transfer from Texas Tech.
“We are grateful that this matter has come to a conclusion and are very happy for Wanaah,” UCLA head coach Steve Alford said in a statement on Tuesday. “I know that Wanaah is excited to get on the floor with his teammates, and we’re all looking forward to him beginning his collegiate career at UCLA this season.”
When the 6-foot-9 Bail returns to the floor, he will add some much needed depth to the UCLA frontline. The Wear twins return with experience while Tony Parker is reportedly in much better shape for his sophomore season. Although Bail has been cleared by the NCAA, he is still waiting to be cleared for practice after undergoing surgery on his left knee in late June.
Bail was a Rivals150 recruit in the Class of 2012, who originally committed to Billy Gillispie and Texas Tech. However, Bail did not last long in Lubbock, and this past June enrolled at UCLA.
UCLA opens its season on Friday, Nov. 8 at home against Drexel.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)