Oct 15, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
On Tuesday afternoon, the Bruins freshman forward Wanaah Bail was granted a waiver by the NCAA to play immediately following his transfer from Texas Tech.
“We are grateful that this matter has come to a conclusion and are very happy for Wanaah,” UCLA head coach Steve Alford said in a statement on Tuesday. “I know that Wanaah is excited to get on the floor with his teammates, and we’re all looking forward to him beginning his collegiate career at UCLA this season.”
When the 6-foot-9 Bail returns to the floor, he will add some much needed depth to the UCLA frontline. The Wear twins return with experience while Tony Parker is reportedly in much better shape for his sophomore season. Although Bail has been cleared by the NCAA, he is still waiting to be cleared for practice after undergoing surgery on his left knee in late June.
Bail was a Rivals150 recruit in the Class of 2012, who originally committed to Billy Gillispie and Texas Tech. However, Bail did not last long in Lubbock, and this past June enrolled at UCLA.
UCLA opens its season on Friday, Nov. 8 at home against Drexel.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)