Oct 15, 2013, 7:15 PM EST
On Tuesday afternoon, the Bruins freshman forward Wanaah Bail was granted a waiver by the NCAA to play immediately following his transfer from Texas Tech.
“We are grateful that this matter has come to a conclusion and are very happy for Wanaah,” UCLA head coach Steve Alford said in a statement on Tuesday. “I know that Wanaah is excited to get on the floor with his teammates, and we’re all looking forward to him beginning his collegiate career at UCLA this season.”
When the 6-foot-9 Bail returns to the floor, he will add some much needed depth to the UCLA frontline. The Wear twins return with experience while Tony Parker is reportedly in much better shape for his sophomore season. Although Bail has been cleared by the NCAA, he is still waiting to be cleared for practice after undergoing surgery on his left knee in late June.
Bail was a Rivals150 recruit in the Class of 2012, who originally committed to Billy Gillispie and Texas Tech. However, Bail did not last long in Lubbock, and this past June enrolled at UCLA.
UCLA opens its season on Friday, Nov. 8 at home against Drexel.
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 11
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Syracuse upsets No. 8 Notre Dame in an inspired ACC road effort 0
- You Make The Call: Did Marcus Paige get fouled on North Carolina’s last possession? (17)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Big Ten looking into idea of making freshmen ineligible for competition in football, men’s basketball (11)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (11)