Oct 15, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
On Tuesday afternoon, the Bruins freshman forward Wanaah Bail was granted a waiver by the NCAA to play immediately following his transfer from Texas Tech.
“We are grateful that this matter has come to a conclusion and are very happy for Wanaah,” UCLA head coach Steve Alford said in a statement on Tuesday. “I know that Wanaah is excited to get on the floor with his teammates, and we’re all looking forward to him beginning his collegiate career at UCLA this season.”
When the 6-foot-9 Bail returns to the floor, he will add some much needed depth to the UCLA frontline. The Wear twins return with experience while Tony Parker is reportedly in much better shape for his sophomore season. Although Bail has been cleared by the NCAA, he is still waiting to be cleared for practice after undergoing surgery on his left knee in late June.
Bail was a Rivals150 recruit in the Class of 2012, who originally committed to Billy Gillispie and Texas Tech. However, Bail did not last long in Lubbock, and this past June enrolled at UCLA.
UCLA opens its season on Friday, Nov. 8 at home against Drexel.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)