Oct 16, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
Fox Sports 1 bought up the rights to broadcast the new Big East’s games heading into the 2013-2014 season, and they managed to bring aboard a couple of the biggest names in the business to call those games: Gus Johnson and Bill Raftery.
This season, there won’t be anything better than a game that comes down to the wire featuring Gus and Raft on the call.
But they won’t be able to do every game on FS1, meaning that the company will have to find themselves other broadcasters somewhere, and on Tuesday afternoon, the network announced that they had brought aboard former Providence Friar Austin Croshere.
Croshere spent nine years in the NBA after leaving Providence and has spent the past couple of years working for FOX Sports Indiana.
Croshere will contribute to halftime and between games segments. Also, in a note of interest to us who love to pit ESPN and Fox against one another, he’ll be apart of Fox College Hoops Tipoff. That will be the college basketball pregame show FS1 airs from January all the way through March.
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Rabb, Zimmerman go big, Chris Clarke goes hard, Lawson bros advance 0
- Nike Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Jayson Tatum, DeAndre Ayton and Briscoe vs. Trier 0
- Peach Jam Recruiting Notebook: Jamal Murray plays well, Tyler Davis has big day, Juwan Morgan likes two 0
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)