Oct 16, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
Fox Sports 1 bought up the rights to broadcast the new Big East’s games heading into the 2013-2014 season, and they managed to bring aboard a couple of the biggest names in the business to call those games: Gus Johnson and Bill Raftery.
This season, there won’t be anything better than a game that comes down to the wire featuring Gus and Raft on the call.
But they won’t be able to do every game on FS1, meaning that the company will have to find themselves other broadcasters somewhere, and on Tuesday afternoon, the network announced that they had brought aboard former Providence Friar Austin Croshere.
Croshere spent nine years in the NBA after leaving Providence and has spent the past couple of years working for FOX Sports Indiana.
Croshere will contribute to halftime and between games segments. Also, in a note of interest to us who love to pit ESPN and Fox against one another, he’ll be apart of Fox College Hoops Tipoff. That will be the college basketball pregame show FS1 airs from January all the way through March.
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4