Oct 16, 2013, 10:45 AM EST
Fox Sports 1 bought up the rights to broadcast the new Big East’s games heading into the 2013-2014 season, and they managed to bring aboard a couple of the biggest names in the business to call those games: Gus Johnson and Bill Raftery.
This season, there won’t be anything better than a game that comes down to the wire featuring Gus and Raft on the call.
But they won’t be able to do every game on FS1, meaning that the company will have to find themselves other broadcasters somewhere, and on Tuesday afternoon, the network announced that they had brought aboard former Providence Friar Austin Croshere.
Croshere spent nine years in the NBA after leaving Providence and has spent the past couple of years working for FOX Sports Indiana.
Croshere will contribute to halftime and between games segments. Also, in a note of interest to us who love to pit ESPN and Fox against one another, he’ll be apart of Fox College Hoops Tipoff. That will be the college basketball pregame show FS1 airs from January all the way through March.
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 1
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)