Oct 16, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
Fox Sports 1 bought up the rights to broadcast the new Big East’s games heading into the 2013-2014 season, and they managed to bring aboard a couple of the biggest names in the business to call those games: Gus Johnson and Bill Raftery.
This season, there won’t be anything better than a game that comes down to the wire featuring Gus and Raft on the call.
But they won’t be able to do every game on FS1, meaning that the company will have to find themselves other broadcasters somewhere, and on Tuesday afternoon, the network announced that they had brought aboard former Providence Friar Austin Croshere.
Croshere spent nine years in the NBA after leaving Providence and has spent the past couple of years working for FOX Sports Indiana.
Croshere will contribute to halftime and between games segments. Also, in a note of interest to us who love to pit ESPN and Fox against one another, he’ll be apart of Fox College Hoops Tipoff. That will be the college basketball pregame show FS1 airs from January all the way through March.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)