Oct 16, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
It’s been 17 years since he was relevant, so I won’t judge you if you don’t remember that Victor Page, not Allen Iverson, was the MVP of the 1996 Big East Tournament. And I’ll forgive you if you’ve forgotten that he led the Big East in scoring in 1997, before leaving for the NBA as a sophomore.
Hoops wasn’t in Page’s future, however, and his life has been a downward spiral ever since then.
He’s been arrested 33 times since 2010. He’s been convicted of six crimes and spent about 700 days behind bars. In 2003, he was shot in the face and lost his right eye.
And now, according to this story from Nathan Fenno of the Washington Times, Page has been sentenced to a decade in prison.
“The suspect jumped out of bed, pulled the victim’s hair tearing it from the scalp,” the statement of probable cause read. “He then dragged her to the bathroom, throwing her into the tub and running hot water on her while punching the victim repeatedly in the face.”
That wasn’t all.
“The suspect then ran into the kitchen and grabbed a knife and stabbed the victim on her right hand and right thigh,” the statement read. “The victim then ran outside as the suspect chased her with the knife and stated he was going to kill her.”
This is the fourth time that the woman that Page assaulted has been a complainant against him.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)