Oct 16, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
It’s been 17 years since he was relevant, so I won’t judge you if you don’t remember that Victor Page, not Allen Iverson, was the MVP of the 1996 Big East Tournament. And I’ll forgive you if you’ve forgotten that he led the Big East in scoring in 1997, before leaving for the NBA as a sophomore.
Hoops wasn’t in Page’s future, however, and his life has been a downward spiral ever since then.
He’s been arrested 33 times since 2010. He’s been convicted of six crimes and spent about 700 days behind bars. In 2003, he was shot in the face and lost his right eye.
And now, according to this story from Nathan Fenno of the Washington Times, Page has been sentenced to a decade in prison.
“The suspect jumped out of bed, pulled the victim’s hair tearing it from the scalp,” the statement of probable cause read. “He then dragged her to the bathroom, throwing her into the tub and running hot water on her while punching the victim repeatedly in the face.”
That wasn’t all.
“The suspect then ran into the kitchen and grabbed a knife and stabbed the victim on her right hand and right thigh,” the statement read. “The victim then ran outside as the suspect chased her with the knife and stated he was going to kill her.”
This is the fourth time that the woman that Page assaulted has been a complainant against him.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)