Oct 16, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
It’s been 17 years since he was relevant, so I won’t judge you if you don’t remember that Victor Page, not Allen Iverson, was the MVP of the 1996 Big East Tournament. And I’ll forgive you if you’ve forgotten that he led the Big East in scoring in 1997, before leaving for the NBA as a sophomore.
Hoops wasn’t in Page’s future, however, and his life has been a downward spiral ever since then.
He’s been arrested 33 times since 2010. He’s been convicted of six crimes and spent about 700 days behind bars. In 2003, he was shot in the face and lost his right eye.
And now, according to this story from Nathan Fenno of the Washington Times, Page has been sentenced to a decade in prison.
“The suspect jumped out of bed, pulled the victim’s hair tearing it from the scalp,” the statement of probable cause read. “He then dragged her to the bathroom, throwing her into the tub and running hot water on her while punching the victim repeatedly in the face.”
That wasn’t all.
“The suspect then ran into the kitchen and grabbed a knife and stabbed the victim on her right hand and right thigh,” the statement read. “The victim then ran outside as the suspect chased her with the knife and stated he was going to kill her.”
This is the fourth time that the woman that Page assaulted has been a complainant against him.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)