Oct 17, 2013, 3:39 PM EDT
Jameel McKay has left the Marquette basketball program before ever suiting up for them in a game.
“After long talk with family I will be transferring from MU great place and program now I’m looking forward to searching for a new Home,” McKay wrote on twitter. “I appreciate coaching staff and fans no hard feelings at all GoodLuck to them this year!”
McKay transferred to Marquette from Indian Hills Community College, where he was one of the best JuCo recruits in the country. Brad Winton of JucoRecruiting.com ranked him No. 3 in the class, and the 6-foot-8 McKay would have been one of the best rebounders in the Big East in his two years there if he had stayed.
The reason for his transfer remains unclear, but it may have had something to do with a front court that was already quite deep. Davante Gardner, a first-team all-Big East preseason selection, and Chris Otule figured to get the majority of the minutes at the center spot, and with Jamil Wilson and Steve Taylor also on the roster, there was not a ton of playing time available.
Had McKay fallen to the bottom of Buzz Williams’ depth chart?
The Golden Eagles are ranked No. 14 in the NBCSports.com Top 25.
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 2
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 2
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Born without a right hand, Omar Ndiaye looking for his chance 0
- Illinois starting point guard suffers season-ending knee injury 1
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Report: Providence legend Marvin ‘Bad News’ Barnes passes away (2)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)