Oct 17, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Baylor’s front court is absolutely loaded, with Isaiah Austin and Cory Jefferson, who both decided to return to school, being flanked by the likes of Rico Gathers and Ishmael Wainwright.
Where the Bears are going to be looking to find some production is in their back court. Pierre Jackson graduated, as did A.J. Walton, and Brady Heslip is coming off of a season where he struggled to find the kind of shooting rhythm we expect out of a Brady Heslip. L.J. Rose and Deuce Bello both opted to transfer out of the program, meaning Scott Drew will have plenty of new faces in his back court.
The addition of Kenny Chery, a JuCo transfer, is expected to take over the point guard role, and Gary Franklin should see some minutes on the perimeter as well, but one of the guys that the Bears were going to be counting on for points and minutes was incoming freshman Allerik Freeman, but it will be a while before Freeman sees the court again.
According to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com, Freeman will be out of action for the next six-to-seven weeks due to a hand injury that he suffered in practice. Baylor opens the season on Nov. 8th against Colorado and follows that up with a game against South Carolina on Nov. 12th. If Freeman is able to get back to full strength in six weeks, there’s an outside chance that he’ll be available when the team heads to Hawaii for the Maui Invitational on Nov. 25th.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)