Oct 18, 2013, 10:35 PM EST
Duke’s slam dunk contest on Friday night ended up being a battle of the freshmen, with Jabari Parker and Semi Ojeleye squaring off in the final round. The winner: Ojeleye, who seems to be a bit of a “forgotten man” in some parts due to the presence of Parker and Mississippi State transfer Rodney Hood when it comes to guys who didn’t suit up for Mike Krzyzewski’s team last season.
In addition to his dunk in the video above Parker threw down a spectacular reverse slam during the team’s inter-squad scrimmage. Josh Hairston and Marshall Plumlee weren’t enough to prevent Parker from dunking, and he was fouled on the play as well.
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 0
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)