Oct 18, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
Duke’s slam dunk contest on Friday night ended up being a battle of the freshmen, with Jabari Parker and Semi Ojeleye squaring off in the final round. The winner: Ojeleye, who seems to be a bit of a “forgotten man” in some parts due to the presence of Parker and Mississippi State transfer Rodney Hood when it comes to guys who didn’t suit up for Mike Krzyzewski’s team last season.
In addition to his dunk in the video above Parker threw down a spectacular reverse slam during the team’s inter-squad scrimmage. Josh Hairston and Marshall Plumlee weren’t enough to prevent Parker from dunking, and he was fouled on the play as well.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)