Oct 18, 2013, 10:35 PM EST
Duke’s slam dunk contest on Friday night ended up being a battle of the freshmen, with Jabari Parker and Semi Ojeleye squaring off in the final round. The winner: Ojeleye, who seems to be a bit of a “forgotten man” in some parts due to the presence of Parker and Mississippi State transfer Rodney Hood when it comes to guys who didn’t suit up for Mike Krzyzewski’s team last season.
In addition to his dunk in the video above Parker threw down a spectacular reverse slam during the team’s inter-squad scrimmage. Josh Hairston and Marshall Plumlee weren’t enough to prevent Parker from dunking, and he was fouled on the play as well.
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 2
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 1
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role (2)