Oct 18, 2013, 6:18 PM EDT
In late August it was announced by UNLV head coach that while sophomore forward Savon Goodman would remain a member of the UNLV program, he would sit out the entire 2013-14 season in order to properly address off-court issues. Chief among the concerns was an arrest on charges including first degree burglary and grand larceny, with Goodman being accused of stealing sneakers, money and video games from a friend.
However there’s been a change, as UNLV announced on Friday afternoon that Goodman has decided to leave the program.
“I have enjoyed my time at UNLV and am thankful for the support of the fans, my teammates and coaches since I have been here,” Goodman said in the release. “However, I have felt a lot of pressure the last few months. I feel it is best for me to leave the program at this time. Even though I am from Philadelphia, I will always think of Las Vegas as another home.”
Goodman played an average of nine minutes per game last season, accounting for 3.6 points and 2.4 rebounds per contest. With Anthony Bennett now in the NBA and Mike Moser deciding to transfer to Oregon, it looked as if Goodman was in line for an increase in playing time this summer. But then the August arrest occurred, ruling him out for the upcoming season.
Goodman’s preliminary hearing in the case will take place on November 12, and it will be interesting to see where he winds up college-wise.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)