Oct 18, 2013, 11:47 PM EDT
While the majority of head coach entrances at “Midnight Madness” events tend to be routine, there are a few outliers as well. New Mexico head coach Craig Neal rode to “The Pit” on his Harley-Davidson, and Syracuse’s Jim Boeheim took a short ride to the Carrier Dome floor in a New York City taxi in two examples of coaches arriving in a somewhat “unconventional” style.
And then there’s UAB head coach Jerod Haase, who took a quick ride to his “Hoops on the Haasephalt” event in a helicopter. During his post-flight address to the crowd Haase, who’s entering his second season at the Conference USA school, noted that he wasn’t nervous until it was time to take off.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 1
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)