Oct 18, 2013, 11:47 PM EDT
While the majority of head coach entrances at “Midnight Madness” events tend to be routine, there are a few outliers as well. New Mexico head coach Craig Neal rode to “The Pit” on his Harley-Davidson, and Syracuse’s Jim Boeheim took a short ride to the Carrier Dome floor in a New York City taxi in two examples of coaches arriving in a somewhat “unconventional” style.
And then there’s UAB head coach Jerod Haase, who took a quick ride to his “Hoops on the Haasephalt” event in a helicopter. During his post-flight address to the crowd Haase, who’s entering his second season at the Conference USA school, noted that he wasn’t nervous until it was time to take off.
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 5
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)