Oct 18, 2013, 11:47 PM EST
While the majority of head coach entrances at “Midnight Madness” events tend to be routine, there are a few outliers as well. New Mexico head coach Craig Neal rode to “The Pit” on his Harley-Davidson, and Syracuse’s Jim Boeheim took a short ride to the Carrier Dome floor in a New York City taxi in two examples of coaches arriving in a somewhat “unconventional” style.
And then there’s UAB head coach Jerod Haase, who took a quick ride to his “Hoops on the Haasephalt” event in a helicopter. During his post-flight address to the crowd Haase, who’s entering his second season at the Conference USA school, noted that he wasn’t nervous until it was time to take off.
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 0
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Congratulations to Dickie V on 35 years of broadcasting (VIDEO) (2)
- VCU’s half court scoring issues becoming a concern? (2)