Oct 18, 2013, 11:47 PM EDT
While the majority of head coach entrances at “Midnight Madness” events tend to be routine, there are a few outliers as well. New Mexico head coach Craig Neal rode to “The Pit” on his Harley-Davidson, and Syracuse’s Jim Boeheim took a short ride to the Carrier Dome floor in a New York City taxi in two examples of coaches arriving in a somewhat “unconventional” style.
And then there’s UAB head coach Jerod Haase, who took a quick ride to his “Hoops on the Haasephalt” event in a helicopter. During his post-flight address to the crowd Haase, who’s entering his second season at the Conference USA school, noted that he wasn’t nervous until it was time to take off.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0