Oct 18, 2013, 11:47 PM EDT
While the majority of head coach entrances at “Midnight Madness” events tend to be routine, there are a few outliers as well. New Mexico head coach Craig Neal rode to “The Pit” on his Harley-Davidson, and Syracuse’s Jim Boeheim took a short ride to the Carrier Dome floor in a New York City taxi in two examples of coaches arriving in a somewhat “unconventional” style.
And then there’s UAB head coach Jerod Haase, who took a quick ride to his “Hoops on the Haasephalt” event in a helicopter. During his post-flight address to the crowd Haase, who’s entering his second season at the Conference USA school, noted that he wasn’t nervous until it was time to take off.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)