Oct 19, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
BYU unofficially kicked off its season on Friday night with their “Boom Shakalaka” event that included a dunk contest, three-point contest and skills contest.
With a cool event name and slick lighting and presentation, the video from the dunk contest, in particular, looks really good as America can get a glimpse of BYU freshman big man Eric Mika.
The 6-foot-8 forward from Lone Peak High School in Highland, Utah won the contest with some alley-oops, including one from behind the backboard and the title-winning dunk in which Mika jumped over a mini dirtbike and proceeded to ride it around the court after the dunk.
Contest highlights also included the athleticism of freshman guard Frank Bartley IV and junior forward Josh Sharp jumping over his wife during a dunk and going in for a kiss afterwards as the crowd goes wild.
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 1
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 0
- Shabazz Napier hits game-winner, runs out of the arena (VIDEO) 0
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 5 Oklahoma State’s win over Purdue exemplifies issues with new foul rules (3)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)