Oct 19, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
BYU unofficially kicked off its season on Friday night with their “Boom Shakalaka” event that included a dunk contest, three-point contest and skills contest.
With a cool event name and slick lighting and presentation, the video from the dunk contest, in particular, looks really good as America can get a glimpse of BYU freshman big man Eric Mika.
The 6-foot-8 forward from Lone Peak High School in Highland, Utah won the contest with some alley-oops, including one from behind the backboard and the title-winning dunk in which Mika jumped over a mini dirtbike and proceeded to ride it around the court after the dunk.
Contest highlights also included the athleticism of freshman guard Frank Bartley IV and junior forward Josh Sharp jumping over his wife during a dunk and going in for a kiss afterwards as the crowd goes wild.
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 5
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)