Oct 19, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
BYU unofficially kicked off its season on Friday night with their “Boom Shakalaka” event that included a dunk contest, three-point contest and skills contest.
With a cool event name and slick lighting and presentation, the video from the dunk contest, in particular, looks really good as America can get a glimpse of BYU freshman big man Eric Mika.
The 6-foot-8 forward from Lone Peak High School in Highland, Utah won the contest with some alley-oops, including one from behind the backboard and the title-winning dunk in which Mika jumped over a mini dirtbike and proceeded to ride it around the court after the dunk.
Contest highlights also included the athleticism of freshman guard Frank Bartley IV and junior forward Josh Sharp jumping over his wife during a dunk and going in for a kiss afterwards as the crowd goes wild.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)