Oct 19, 2013, 12:23 AM EST
Few coaches in college basketball have embraced the concept of “Midnight Madness” the way that Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo has. Every year the head coach has come up with something original, with movies such as “300” and “Iron Man” serving as inspiration over the years.
On Friday night Izzo and Michigan State seemingly took things to another level, with an absence of original ideas leading to athletic director Mark Hollis coming up with the idea to shoot the coach out of a cannon. The brainstorming process and the actual event can be seen in the video below, with Michigan State ultimately using a “stunt double” of sorts instead of the State of Michigan’s highest-paid public employee.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 11
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (11)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)