Oct 19, 2013, 12:23 AM EDT
Few coaches in college basketball have embraced the concept of “Midnight Madness” the way that Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo has. Every year the head coach has come up with something original, with movies such as “300″ and “Iron Man” serving as inspiration over the years.
On Friday night Izzo and Michigan State seemingly took things to another level, with an absence of original ideas leading to athletic director Mark Hollis coming up with the idea to shoot the coach out of a cannon. The brainstorming process and the actual event can be seen in the video below, with Michigan State ultimately using a “stunt double” of sorts instead of the State of Michigan’s highest-paid public employee.
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)