Oct 19, 2013, 12:23 AM EST
Few coaches in college basketball have embraced the concept of “Midnight Madness” the way that Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo has. Every year the head coach has come up with something original, with movies such as “300” and “Iron Man” serving as inspiration over the years.
On Friday night Izzo and Michigan State seemingly took things to another level, with an absence of original ideas leading to athletic director Mark Hollis coming up with the idea to shoot the coach out of a cannon. The brainstorming process and the actual event can be seen in the video below, with Michigan State ultimately using a “stunt double” of sorts instead of the State of Michigan’s highest-paid public employee.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 2
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)