Oct 19, 2013, 12:23 AM EDT
Few coaches in college basketball have embraced the concept of “Midnight Madness” the way that Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo has. Every year the head coach has come up with something original, with movies such as “300″ and “Iron Man” serving as inspiration over the years.
On Friday night Izzo and Michigan State seemingly took things to another level, with an absence of original ideas leading to athletic director Mark Hollis coming up with the idea to shoot the coach out of a cannon. The brainstorming process and the actual event can be seen in the video below, with Michigan State ultimately using a “stunt double” of sorts instead of the State of Michigan’s highest-paid public employee.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)