Oct 20, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
La Salle redshirt sophomore point guard Khalid Lewis has a broken bone in his hand and may miss the season-opening game against Manhattan on November 9th.
Lewis transferred from Delaware after his freshman season in 2011-12, and sat out last season per NCAA transfer rules.
Head coach John Giannini told City of Basketball Love, a Philadelphia-based college basketball website: “We’re going to get it X-rayed on November 5. If it’s healed then he comes back to practice; if not, it’s a week-to-week thing.”
When healthy, Lewis figures to provide added depth in the Explorers backcourt, especially after graduation claimed Ramon Galloway from last year’s Sweet 16 team. Said Giannini of Lewis: “Khalid gives us another high level guard which is our team strength. His quickness and toughness will define him and make our team better. I would love for him to be our first All-A-10 defender in a long time.”
In his only season at Delaware, Lewis averaged 5.2 ppg and 2.6 apg, while seeing 29.6 mpg.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)