Oct 20, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
La Salle redshirt sophomore point guard Khalid Lewis has a broken bone in his hand and may miss the season-opening game against Manhattan on November 9th.
Lewis transferred from Delaware after his freshman season in 2011-12, and sat out last season per NCAA transfer rules.
Head coach John Giannini told City of Basketball Love, a Philadelphia-based college basketball website: “We’re going to get it X-rayed on November 5. If it’s healed then he comes back to practice; if not, it’s a week-to-week thing.”
When healthy, Lewis figures to provide added depth in the Explorers backcourt, especially after graduation claimed Ramon Galloway from last year’s Sweet 16 team. Said Giannini of Lewis: “Khalid gives us another high level guard which is our team strength. His quickness and toughness will define him and make our team better. I would love for him to be our first All-A-10 defender in a long time.”
In his only season at Delaware, Lewis averaged 5.2 ppg and 2.6 apg, while seeing 29.6 mpg.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 1
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)