Oct 20, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
La Salle redshirt sophomore point guard Khalid Lewis has a broken bone in his hand and may miss the season-opening game against Manhattan on November 9th.
Lewis transferred from Delaware after his freshman season in 2011-12, and sat out last season per NCAA transfer rules.
Head coach John Giannini told City of Basketball Love, a Philadelphia-based college basketball website: “We’re going to get it X-rayed on November 5. If it’s healed then he comes back to practice; if not, it’s a week-to-week thing.”
When healthy, Lewis figures to provide added depth in the Explorers backcourt, especially after graduation claimed Ramon Galloway from last year’s Sweet 16 team. Said Giannini of Lewis: “Khalid gives us another high level guard which is our team strength. His quickness and toughness will define him and make our team better. I would love for him to be our first All-A-10 defender in a long time.”
In his only season at Delaware, Lewis averaged 5.2 ppg and 2.6 apg, while seeing 29.6 mpg.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)