Oct 20, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
La Salle redshirt sophomore point guard Khalid Lewis has a broken bone in his hand and may miss the season-opening game against Manhattan on November 9th.
Lewis transferred from Delaware after his freshman season in 2011-12, and sat out last season per NCAA transfer rules.
Head coach John Giannini told City of Basketball Love, a Philadelphia-based college basketball website: “We’re going to get it X-rayed on November 5. If it’s healed then he comes back to practice; if not, it’s a week-to-week thing.”
When healthy, Lewis figures to provide added depth in the Explorers backcourt, especially after graduation claimed Ramon Galloway from last year’s Sweet 16 team. Said Giannini of Lewis: “Khalid gives us another high level guard which is our team strength. His quickness and toughness will define him and make our team better. I would love for him to be our first All-A-10 defender in a long time.”
In his only season at Delaware, Lewis averaged 5.2 ppg and 2.6 apg, while seeing 29.6 mpg.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)