Oct 20, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
La Salle redshirt sophomore point guard Khalid Lewis has a broken bone in his hand and may miss the season-opening game against Manhattan on November 9th.
Lewis transferred from Delaware after his freshman season in 2011-12, and sat out last season per NCAA transfer rules.
Head coach John Giannini told City of Basketball Love, a Philadelphia-based college basketball website: “We’re going to get it X-rayed on November 5. If it’s healed then he comes back to practice; if not, it’s a week-to-week thing.”
When healthy, Lewis figures to provide added depth in the Explorers backcourt, especially after graduation claimed Ramon Galloway from last year’s Sweet 16 team. Said Giannini of Lewis: “Khalid gives us another high level guard which is our team strength. His quickness and toughness will define him and make our team better. I would love for him to be our first All-A-10 defender in a long time.”
In his only season at Delaware, Lewis averaged 5.2 ppg and 2.6 apg, while seeing 29.6 mpg.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)