Oct 21, 2013, 1:39 PM EDT
Bubu Palo is appealing the Iowa Board of Regents to reverse the decision made by Iowa State University President Steven Leath to have him kicked off the Cyclone basketball team.
The story starts back in September of last year, when Palo was charged with second degree sexual abuse stemming from an incident back in May of 2012. He was suspended immediately and indefinitely, but after prosecutors dropped the charges in January of 2013, Palo was reinstated to the team after missing 17 games and went on to averaged 2.8 points in 12.5 minutes.
In January, Palo had also been found innocent of violating the student code of conduct, but that was appealed which led to decision of the university to kick him off the team.
Iowa State has a number of guards on their roster, but there is not much continuity. Deandre Kane will likely start and be one of the primary ball-handlers after he transferred into the program from Marshall for his final year of eligibility. But Palo, who played limited minutes as a sub last season, is the only returner in the back court that was a rotation player last season.
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)