Oct 21, 2013, 5:05 PM EST
Oklahoma State has been practicing, like many teams, for weeks now. But the Cowboys “kicked off” their season in style with a light show on Friday night inside the Gallagher-Iba Arena.
Before player introductions, the court turned into a gigantic, 94-foot projector, showing the program through the years, as well as highlights from last season’s 24-9 team. Fans in attendance were given bracelets that lit up, as the video and player introductions went on.
“It was fun for our players, but more importantly, fun for our fans. Want to get them jazzed up, get them excited,” Oklahoma State head coach Travis Ford told Jason Elmquist of the Stillwater NewsPress. “This is for the fans, to get them excited. This is kind of the beginning of the new season — even though we’ve been (practicing) for about three weeks. It couldn’t have gone any better.”
Oklahoma State season begins on Nov. 8 against Mississippi State Valley.
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)