Oct 21, 2013, 5:05 PM EST
Oklahoma State has been practicing, like many teams, for weeks now. But the Cowboys “kicked off” their season in style with a light show on Friday night inside the Gallagher-Iba Arena.
Before player introductions, the court turned into a gigantic, 94-foot projector, showing the program through the years, as well as highlights from last season’s 24-9 team. Fans in attendance were given bracelets that lit up, as the video and player introductions went on.
“It was fun for our players, but more importantly, fun for our fans. Want to get them jazzed up, get them excited,” Oklahoma State head coach Travis Ford told Jason Elmquist of the Stillwater NewsPress. “This is for the fans, to get them excited. This is kind of the beginning of the new season — even though we’ve been (practicing) for about three weeks. It couldn’t have gone any better.”
Oklahoma State season begins on Nov. 8 against Mississippi State Valley.
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 20
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (20)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)