Oct 21, 2013, 5:05 PM EDT
Oklahoma State has been practicing, like many teams, for weeks now. But the Cowboys “kicked off” their season in style with a light show on Friday night inside the Gallagher-Iba Arena.
Before player introductions, the court turned into a gigantic, 94-foot projector, showing the program through the years, as well as highlights from last season’s 24-9 team. Fans in attendance were given bracelets that lit up, as the video and player introductions went on.
“It was fun for our players, but more importantly, fun for our fans. Want to get them jazzed up, get them excited,” Oklahoma State head coach Travis Ford told Jason Elmquist of the Stillwater NewsPress. “This is for the fans, to get them excited. This is kind of the beginning of the new season — even though we’ve been (practicing) for about three weeks. It couldn’t have gone any better.”
Oklahoma State season begins on Nov. 8 against Mississippi State Valley.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)