Oct 21, 2013, 5:05 PM EDT
Oklahoma State has been practicing, like many teams, for weeks now. But the Cowboys “kicked off” their season in style with a light show on Friday night inside the Gallagher-Iba Arena.
Before player introductions, the court turned into a gigantic, 94-foot projector, showing the program through the years, as well as highlights from last season’s 24-9 team. Fans in attendance were given bracelets that lit up, as the video and player introductions went on.
“It was fun for our players, but more importantly, fun for our fans. Want to get them jazzed up, get them excited,” Oklahoma State head coach Travis Ford told Jason Elmquist of the Stillwater NewsPress. “This is for the fans, to get them excited. This is kind of the beginning of the new season — even though we’ve been (practicing) for about three weeks. It couldn’t have gone any better.”
Oklahoma State season begins on Nov. 8 against Mississippi State Valley.
- Five-star wing Brandon Ingram elevates his play during July 0
- CBT Quotables Part 1: Jawun Evans, Diamond Stone, Skal Labissiere and more 1
- LeBron James Skills Academy Day 2 Recap: Huntington Prep tandem enjoys productive Thursday 0
- adidas Unrivaled Day 1: Brandon Ingram gets the best of Jaylen Brown, Ray Smith hurts his knee 0
- Reebok Breakout Classic Day 2 Recap: Derrick Jones puts on a show 1
- Five-star 2015 forward Henry Ellenson working to become a more versatile player 1
- Diamond Stone discusses his package deal, recent weight loss 2
- Rashad McCants says he’s getting $310 million from UNC, NCAA (16)
- Rashad McCants says there was never a relationship between him and Roy Williams (AUDIO) (9)
- Report: Memphis football player attacked Dominic Woodson, advisor (5)
- Rick Brunson used Patrick Ewing’s name to deceive masseuse which led to his arrest (3)
- Report: Naadir Tharpe to turn pro (3)