Oct 21, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
Kobayashi’s six-year reign as Nathan’s Annual Hot Dog Eating Contest took place on the corner of Surf and Stillwell Avenues in Coney Island. The former hot dog eating champ is taking his talents to South Orange on Oct. 25, competing against Seton Hall head coach Kevin Willard and women’s head coach Tony Bozzella as part of the team’s midnight madness.
The hot dog eating contest is one of several promotions the Seton Hall athletic department has planned for this Friday. The player introductions will be done by Power 105.1′s DJ Clue, and there is a $10,000 half-court is being sponsored by Barnabas Health. Friday’s events are all part of the new conference’s first annual Big East Tip-Off Party.
The Seton Hall Twitter/Instagram accounts will choose a fan to participate in the contest along with Kobayashi and the Seton Hall coaches.
— Seton Hall Athletics (@SHUAthletics) October 21, 2013
The festivities begin on Friday at 8 p.m. inside Walsh Gymnasium.
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)