Oct 21, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
Kobayashi’s six-year reign as Nathan’s Annual Hot Dog Eating Contest took place on the corner of Surf and Stillwell Avenues in Coney Island. The former hot dog eating champ is taking his talents to South Orange on Oct. 25, competing against Seton Hall head coach Kevin Willard and women’s head coach Tony Bozzella as part of the team’s midnight madness.
The hot dog eating contest is one of several promotions the Seton Hall athletic department has planned for this Friday. The player introductions will be done by Power 105.1′s DJ Clue, and there is a $10,000 half-court is being sponsored by Barnabas Health. Friday’s events are all part of the new conference’s first annual Big East Tip-Off Party.
The Seton Hall Twitter/Instagram accounts will choose a fan to participate in the contest along with Kobayashi and the Seton Hall coaches.
— Seton Hall Athletics (@SHUAthletics) October 21, 2013
The festivities begin on Friday at 8 p.m. inside Walsh Gymnasium.
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 1
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 5
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (9)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was (5)