Oct 21, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
Kobayashi’s six-year reign as Nathan’s Annual Hot Dog Eating Contest took place on the corner of Surf and Stillwell Avenues in Coney Island. The former hot dog eating champ is taking his talents to South Orange on Oct. 25, competing against Seton Hall head coach Kevin Willard and women’s head coach Tony Bozzella as part of the team’s midnight madness.
The hot dog eating contest is one of several promotions the Seton Hall athletic department has planned for this Friday. The player introductions will be done by Power 105.1’s DJ Clue, and there is a $10,000 half-court is being sponsored by Barnabas Health. Friday’s events are all part of the new conference’s first annual Big East Tip-Off Party.
The Seton Hall Twitter/Instagram accounts will choose a fan to participate in the contest along with Kobayashi and the Seton Hall coaches.
— Seton Hall Athletics (@SHUAthletics) October 21, 2013
The festivities begin on Friday at 8 p.m. inside Walsh Gymnasium.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)