Oct 21, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
Kobayashi’s six-year reign as Nathan’s Annual Hot Dog Eating Contest took place on the corner of Surf and Stillwell Avenues in Coney Island. The former hot dog eating champ is taking his talents to South Orange on Oct. 25, competing against Seton Hall head coach Kevin Willard and women’s head coach Tony Bozzella as part of the team’s midnight madness.
The hot dog eating contest is one of several promotions the Seton Hall athletic department has planned for this Friday. The player introductions will be done by Power 105.1’s DJ Clue, and there is a $10,000 half-court is being sponsored by Barnabas Health. Friday’s events are all part of the new conference’s first annual Big East Tip-Off Party.
The Seton Hall Twitter/Instagram accounts will choose a fan to participate in the contest along with Kobayashi and the Seton Hall coaches.
— Seton Hall Athletics (@SHUAthletics) October 21, 2013
The festivities begin on Friday at 8 p.m. inside Walsh Gymnasium.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 0
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)