Oct 21, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
Kobayashi’s six-year reign as Nathan’s Annual Hot Dog Eating Contest took place on the corner of Surf and Stillwell Avenues in Coney Island. The former hot dog eating champ is taking his talents to South Orange on Oct. 25, competing against Seton Hall head coach Kevin Willard and women’s head coach Tony Bozzella as part of the team’s midnight madness.
The hot dog eating contest is one of several promotions the Seton Hall athletic department has planned for this Friday. The player introductions will be done by Power 105.1′s DJ Clue, and there is a $10,000 half-court is being sponsored by Barnabas Health. Friday’s events are all part of the new conference’s first annual Big East Tip-Off Party.
The Seton Hall Twitter/Instagram accounts will choose a fan to participate in the contest along with Kobayashi and the Seton Hall coaches.
— Seton Hall Athletics (@SHUAthletics) October 21, 2013
The festivities begin on Friday at 8 p.m. inside Walsh Gymnasium.
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 7
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (8)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)