Oct 22, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
The Bob Cousy Award watch list was released on Tuesday morning and it runs 45 players deep.
The Cousy Award is given every year to the nation’s best point guard. The part three winners have been Kemba Walker, Kendall Marshall and Trey Burke.
Three players on our list of top 20 lead guards — Jerian Grant, Deonte Burton and Olivier Hanlon — didn’t make the cut, which is silly. Because all three are certainly among the 45 best point guards in the country.
Here is the full list:
Kyle Anderson, UCLA
Keith Appling, Michigan State
Ryan Arcidiacono, Villanova
Dominic Artis, Oregon
Eric Atkins, Notre Dame
Billy Baron, Canisus
Devon Bookert, Florida State
Jason Brickman, Long Island-Brooklyn
Jahii Carson, Arizona State
Siyani Chambers, Harvard
Semaj Christon, Xavier
Jordan Clarkson, Missouri
Justin Cobbs, California
Brett Comer, Florida Gulf Coast
Quinn Cook, Duke
Aaron Craft, Ohio State
Brandyn Curry, Harvard
Spencer Dinwiddie, Colorado
Michael Dixon, Memphis
Kris Dunn, Providence
Tyler Ennis, Syracuse
Yogi Ferrell, Indiana
Tim Frazier, Penn State
Andrew Harrison, Kentucky
Kasey Hill, Florida
Anthony Ireland, Loyola Marymount
Joe Jackson, Memphis
Chris Jones, Louisville
DeAndre Kane, Iowa State
Walt Lemon, Jr., Bradley
Derrick Marks, Boise State
TJ McConnell, Arizona
Preston Medlin, Utah State
Shabazz Napier, Connecticut
Jake Odum, Indiana State
Marcus Paige, North Carolina
Kevin Pangos, Gonzaga
Elfrid Payton, Lafayette
Kendrick Perry, Youngstown StateTrevor Releford, Alabama
Marcus Smart, Oklahoma State
Markel Starks, Georgetown
Chaz Williams, Massachusetts
Kendall Williams, New Mexico
Nigel Williams-Goss, Washington
Nov 27, 2014, 12:56 PM EST
Perkins was kicked in the face by a Georgia player.
Nov 27, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
It’s not just football that’s on today.
Nov 27, 2014, 3:14 AM EST
A lot is riding on this season for St. John’s. Can they consistently be the ‘grown up’ team they claimed to be on Wednesday night?
Nov 27, 2014, 3:07 AM EST
Two Big East teams made statements in the Bahamas, and No. 3 Arizona won the Maui Invitational.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:07 AM EST
Arizona scored 22 points off of 14 San Diego State turnovers, and that along with good foul shooting proved to be the difference.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:56 AM EST
Georgetown committed 19 turnovers, but they shot 49 percent from the field and earned another quality win for the Big East.
Nov 26, 2014, 10:22 PM EST
Through five games Louisville is shooting 24-for-105 from three. They’ll need to shoot better than that when Ohio State visits next Tuesday.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:11 PM EST
Sir’Dominic Pointer picked off Minnesota center Elliot Eliason’s outlet pass and made the big man pay for his mistake.
Nov 26, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
Justin Reed was one of America East’s best guards in each of his first two seasons, but that hasn’t been the case in 2014-15.
Nov 26, 2014, 6:42 PM EST
After launching 22 three-pointers in the first half, Oklahoma took a wiser approach to the offensive end of the floor as they outlasted No. 22 UCLA.
Nov 26, 2014, 5:29 PM EST
It’s hard to put too much stake in one loss, but there are a couple of things from this game that we need to keep an eye on.
Nov 26, 2014, 5:24 PM EST
Cameron Biedscheid averaged 6.2 points per game as a freshman at Notre Dame in 2012-13.
Nov 26, 2014, 4:37 PM EST
Joining Cullen Neal on the sideline is Arthur Edwards, who is expected to miss 4-6 weeks thanks to a dislocated finger.
Nov 26, 2014, 3:51 PM EST
The importance of this win for Butler cannot be overstated.
Nov 26, 2014, 3:19 PM EST
JayVaughn Pinkston is the leader and go-to guy for Villanova. And he is not their star because … why?
Nov 26, 2014, 12:02 PM EST
Gordon is averaging 10.5 points this season.
Nov 26, 2014, 11:20 AM EST
Not a bad way to kick off the Thanksgiving weekend
Nov 26, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
He was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault.
Nov 26, 2014, 7:00 AM EST
Angry John Beilein is the best John Beilein.
Nov 26, 2014, 12:28 AM EST
Pinkston made a couple of huge plays down the stretch.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)