Oct 22, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Travis Ford continued his stretch of excellent recruiting in the Lone Star State as he notched a commitment from Joe Burton, Rivals No. 89 prospect in the Class of 2014, on Monday night.
Burton is from the Houston area and played his AAU ball with the Houston Defenders. Here is Eric Bossi’s take on Burton: “One of those solid all-around wings who does a little bit of everything. He is a good athlete, will crash the glass, finishes in transition and has turned himself into a pretty good shooter. His ball handling is a bit shaky at times but has definitely improved in the last year.”
The Pokes will have yet another strong recruiting class coming in next season, as Burton joins vaunted JuCo point guard Jeff Newberry, powerful wing Jared Terrell, and forward Mitchell Solomon.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)