Oct 22, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Travis Ford continued his stretch of excellent recruiting in the Lone Star State as he notched a commitment from Joe Burton, Rivals No. 89 prospect in the Class of 2014, on Monday night.
Burton is from the Houston area and played his AAU ball with the Houston Defenders. Here is Eric Bossi’s take on Burton: “One of those solid all-around wings who does a little bit of everything. He is a good athlete, will crash the glass, finishes in transition and has turned himself into a pretty good shooter. His ball handling is a bit shaky at times but has definitely improved in the last year.”
The Pokes will have yet another strong recruiting class coming in next season, as Burton joins vaunted JuCo point guard Jeff Newberry, powerful wing Jared Terrell, and forward Mitchell Solomon.
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 4
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)