Oct 22, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Travis Ford continued his stretch of excellent recruiting in the Lone Star State as he notched a commitment from Joe Burton, Rivals No. 89 prospect in the Class of 2014, on Monday night.
Burton is from the Houston area and played his AAU ball with the Houston Defenders. Here is Eric Bossi’s take on Burton: “One of those solid all-around wings who does a little bit of everything. He is a good athlete, will crash the glass, finishes in transition and has turned himself into a pretty good shooter. His ball handling is a bit shaky at times but has definitely improved in the last year.”
The Pokes will have yet another strong recruiting class coming in next season, as Burton joins vaunted JuCo point guard Jeff Newberry, powerful wing Jared Terrell, and forward Mitchell Solomon.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 0
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 0
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)