Oct 22, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Travis Ford continued his stretch of excellent recruiting in the Lone Star State as he notched a commitment from Joe Burton, Rivals No. 89 prospect in the Class of 2014, on Monday night.
Burton is from the Houston area and played his AAU ball with the Houston Defenders. Here is Eric Bossi’s take on Burton: “One of those solid all-around wings who does a little bit of everything. He is a good athlete, will crash the glass, finishes in transition and has turned himself into a pretty good shooter. His ball handling is a bit shaky at times but has definitely improved in the last year.”
The Pokes will have yet another strong recruiting class coming in next season, as Burton joins vaunted JuCo point guard Jeff Newberry, powerful wing Jared Terrell, and forward Mitchell Solomon.
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)