Oct 22, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Travis Ford continued his stretch of excellent recruiting in the Lone Star State as he notched a commitment from Joe Burton, Rivals No. 89 prospect in the Class of 2014, on Monday night.
Burton is from the Houston area and played his AAU ball with the Houston Defenders. Here is Eric Bossi’s take on Burton: “One of those solid all-around wings who does a little bit of everything. He is a good athlete, will crash the glass, finishes in transition and has turned himself into a pretty good shooter. His ball handling is a bit shaky at times but has definitely improved in the last year.”
The Pokes will have yet another strong recruiting class coming in next season, as Burton joins vaunted JuCo point guard Jeff Newberry, powerful wing Jared Terrell, and forward Mitchell Solomon.
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 0
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 0
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 1
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 5 Oklahoma State’s win over Purdue exemplifies issues with new foul rules (3)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)