Oct 23, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
There’s an interesting story coming out of Raleigh today, as Eric Prisbell of USA Today is reporting that Eric Leak, a former N.C. State football player who doubles as a disassociated booster, has been issued a “no trespass” letter by the university.
The letter stems from the fact that Leak’s wife’s car received campus parking tickets in the spring of 2013 despite the fact that Leak was disassociated from the program back in 2011.
The disassociation involves extra benefits that were provided to C.J. Leslie and Tracy Smith a couple of years back. Leak was found to have given Leslie and his half-brother $410 in benefits, and Leslie was suspended for three games.
This news in and of itself is not a huge deal, but what’s noteworthy is that Prisbell seems to be poking around the N.C. State program. He’s the guy that dug up much of the dirt on Haydn “Fats” Thomas and his association with P.J. Hairston and other UNC basketball players. That’s something to keep an eye on in the future.
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)