Oct 23, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
There’s an interesting story coming out of Raleigh today, as Eric Prisbell of USA Today is reporting that Eric Leak, a former N.C. State football player who doubles as a disassociated booster, has been issued a “no trespass” letter by the university.
The letter stems from the fact that Leak’s wife’s car received campus parking tickets in the spring of 2013 despite the fact that Leak was disassociated from the program back in 2011.
The disassociation involves extra benefits that were provided to C.J. Leslie and Tracy Smith a couple of years back. Leak was found to have given Leslie and his half-brother $410 in benefits, and Leslie was suspended for three games.
This news in and of itself is not a huge deal, but what’s noteworthy is that Prisbell seems to be poking around the N.C. State program. He’s the guy that dug up much of the dirt on Haydn “Fats” Thomas and his association with P.J. Hairston and other UNC basketball players. That’s something to keep an eye on in the future.
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 4
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 5
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)