Oct 24, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
With actual college basketball games being played just over two weeks from today, programs across the country are working to prepare themselves to put their best foot forward during the second weekend of November. That can also be said of the marketing staffs, with workers hard at work to stir up excitement within the fan base.
Kent State’s idea for its season opener on November 8 against Ohio Northern: allow fans to vote for one of four uniform possibilities, with the winning outfit to be revealed when the Golden Flashes take the court against the Polar Bears.
The Golden Flashes’ black, gold, gray and navy jerseys are the options fans can select for opening night. Fans should be familiar with each of these options, as all four were worn by the team last season.
Be sure to be at the [Memorial Athletic & Convocation Center] when the Golden Flashes begin the 2013-14 season against the Polar Bears of Ohio Northern, as the winning jersey will be announced as the team takes the court for pre-game warmups.
The only option that isn’t eligible for the vote is Kent State’s new white uniform, which according to the school will be revealed later in the season. This is a pretty good idea to stir up some interest within the fan base, especially when considering the fact that fans will have to be at the game in order to find out which uniform was chosen (at least until photos from the game are made public).
Rob Senderoff’s team was picked by the MAC coaches to finish third in the East Division, with junior guard Kris Brewer (9.1 ppg, 2.7 apg) expected to lead the way for a squad that returns three starters from last year. Kent State finished the 2012-13 season with a 21-14 record, finishing third in the MAC East (9-7) behind Akron and Ohio.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)