Oct 24, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
With actual college basketball games being played just over two weeks from today, programs across the country are working to prepare themselves to put their best foot forward during the second weekend of November. That can also be said of the marketing staffs, with workers hard at work to stir up excitement within the fan base.
Kent State’s idea for its season opener on November 8 against Ohio Northern: allow fans to vote for one of four uniform possibilities, with the winning outfit to be revealed when the Golden Flashes take the court against the Polar Bears.
The Golden Flashes’ black, gold, gray and navy jerseys are the options fans can select for opening night. Fans should be familiar with each of these options, as all four were worn by the team last season.
Be sure to be at the [Memorial Athletic & Convocation Center] when the Golden Flashes begin the 2013-14 season against the Polar Bears of Ohio Northern, as the winning jersey will be announced as the team takes the court for pre-game warmups.
The only option that isn’t eligible for the vote is Kent State’s new white uniform, which according to the school will be revealed later in the season. This is a pretty good idea to stir up some interest within the fan base, especially when considering the fact that fans will have to be at the game in order to find out which uniform was chosen (at least until photos from the game are made public).
Rob Senderoff’s team was picked by the MAC coaches to finish third in the East Division, with junior guard Kris Brewer (9.1 ppg, 2.7 apg) expected to lead the way for a squad that returns three starters from last year. Kent State finished the 2012-13 season with a 21-14 record, finishing third in the MAC East (9-7) behind Akron and Ohio.
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? 4
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 5
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 2
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (8)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (5)