Oct 24, 2013, 1:11 PM EDT
Lon Kruger landed himself a former top 25 recruit from Texas on Thursday afternoon, as Khadeem Lattin committed to play his college ball at Oklahoma.
Lattin, who is currently sitting at No. 124 in Rivals’ top 150, is a 6-foot-9 power forward from Texas that was home-schooled his final two years in high school. He played his AAU ball with the Houston Hoops. Lattin’s raw on the offensive end of the floor, but he’s big and athletic and should be able to contribute as a defender and a rebounder early on in his college career.
Lattin is one of the more intriguing prospects. At one point in time, he was considered one of the top 25 prospects in his class, but he went and spent a year at the Canarias Basketball Academy in Spain as a sophomore in high school. The goal of the experience was to allow Lattin to get a taste for European hoops and experience something outside of high school in America, but it also may have cost him his spot in the top 100 rankings.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)