Oct 24, 2013, 1:11 PM EDT
Lon Kruger landed himself a former top 25 recruit from Texas on Thursday afternoon, as Khadeem Lattin committed to play his college ball at Oklahoma.
Lattin, who is currently sitting at No. 124 in Rivals’ top 150, is a 6-foot-9 power forward from Texas that was home-schooled his final two years in high school. He played his AAU ball with the Houston Hoops. Lattin’s raw on the offensive end of the floor, but he’s big and athletic and should be able to contribute as a defender and a rebounder early on in his college career.
Lattin is one of the more intriguing prospects. At one point in time, he was considered one of the top 25 prospects in his class, but he went and spent a year at the Canarias Basketball Academy in Spain as a sophomore in high school. The goal of the experience was to allow Lattin to get a taste for European hoops and experience something outside of high school in America, but it also may have cost him his spot in the top 100 rankings.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)