Oct 24, 2013, 1:11 PM EDT
Lon Kruger landed himself a former top 25 recruit from Texas on Thursday afternoon, as Khadeem Lattin committed to play his college ball at Oklahoma.
Lattin, who is currently sitting at No. 124 in Rivals’ top 150, is a 6-foot-9 power forward from Texas that was home-schooled his final two years in high school. He played his AAU ball with the Houston Hoops. Lattin’s raw on the offensive end of the floor, but he’s big and athletic and should be able to contribute as a defender and a rebounder early on in his college career.
Lattin is one of the more intriguing prospects. At one point in time, he was considered one of the top 25 prospects in his class, but he went and spent a year at the Canarias Basketball Academy in Spain as a sophomore in high school. The goal of the experience was to allow Lattin to get a taste for European hoops and experience something outside of high school in America, but it also may have cost him his spot in the top 100 rankings.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (77)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)