Oct 24, 2013, 1:11 PM EST
Lon Kruger landed himself a former top 25 recruit from Texas on Thursday afternoon, as Khadeem Lattin committed to play his college ball at Oklahoma.
Lattin, who is currently sitting at No. 124 in Rivals’ top 150, is a 6-foot-9 power forward from Texas that was home-schooled his final two years in high school. He played his AAU ball with the Houston Hoops. Lattin’s raw on the offensive end of the floor, but he’s big and athletic and should be able to contribute as a defender and a rebounder early on in his college career.
Lattin is one of the more intriguing prospects. At one point in time, he was considered one of the top 25 prospects in his class, but he went and spent a year at the Canarias Basketball Academy in Spain as a sophomore in high school. The goal of the experience was to allow Lattin to get a taste for European hoops and experience something outside of high school in America, but it also may have cost him his spot in the top 100 rankings.
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 0
- Senior starters once again lead the way for No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing the most important part: His One Shining Moment 2
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 2
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 2
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Wake Forest beats No. 4 Duke as Blue Devils struggle to score again 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)