Oct 24, 2013, 1:11 PM EST
Lon Kruger landed himself a former top 25 recruit from Texas on Thursday afternoon, as Khadeem Lattin committed to play his college ball at Oklahoma.
Lattin, who is currently sitting at No. 124 in Rivals’ top 150, is a 6-foot-9 power forward from Texas that was home-schooled his final two years in high school. He played his AAU ball with the Houston Hoops. Lattin’s raw on the offensive end of the floor, but he’s big and athletic and should be able to contribute as a defender and a rebounder early on in his college career.
Lattin is one of the more intriguing prospects. At one point in time, he was considered one of the top 25 prospects in his class, but he went and spent a year at the Canarias Basketball Academy in Spain as a sophomore in high school. The goal of the experience was to allow Lattin to get a taste for European hoops and experience something outside of high school in America, but it also may have cost him his spot in the top 100 rankings.
- New Year’s Resolutions: Illinois Fighting Illini 0
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 1
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)