Oct 24, 2013, 11:13 AM EST
Michigan is one of the more intriguing teams heading into this season.
On the one hand, they lose both Trey Burke and Tim Hardaway Jr., their two most dangerous scorers and, in the case of Burke, a National Player of the Year that was arguably underrated in his importance to Michigan’s success a season ago.
That’s a lot to replace.
On the other hand, the Wolverines have a roster chock-full of talent. Mitch McGary and Glenn Robinson III look like they can be lottery picks one day, Nik Stauskas and Caris LeVert both looked like they were under-utilized last season, and freshmen Zak Irvin and Derrick Walton were talented enough to have their pick of top ten programs.
Michigan is going to be a new team, a different team, in 2013-2014, but that’s not necessarily a negative, particularly when you take a look at some of the work their best players put in this offseason.
Nik Stauskas reportedly added six inches to his vertical this summer, a fact supported by this video of the sophomore throwing down some dunks in his driveway. That becomes all the more impressive when you consider that he also added 16 pounds of muscle:
Stauskas isn’t alone.
Robinson, who was already one of the most impressive athletes in the country, has apparently reached freak status when it comes to his leaping ability. He can now reach 12-feet, 3-inches off of his vertical, which is insane.
At the very least, the Wolverines should be an entertaining team to watch this season.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)