Oct 24, 2013, 11:13 AM EDT
Michigan is one of the more intriguing teams heading into this season.
On the one hand, they lose both Trey Burke and Tim Hardaway Jr., their two most dangerous scorers and, in the case of Burke, a National Player of the Year that was arguably underrated in his importance to Michigan’s success a season ago.
That’s a lot to replace.
On the other hand, the Wolverines have a roster chock-full of talent. Mitch McGary and Glenn Robinson III look like they can be lottery picks one day, Nik Stauskas and Caris LeVert both looked like they were under-utilized last season, and freshmen Zak Irvin and Derrick Walton were talented enough to have their pick of top ten programs.
Michigan is going to be a new team, a different team, in 2013-2014, but that’s not necessarily a negative, particularly when you take a look at some of the work their best players put in this offseason.
Nik Stauskas reportedly added six inches to his vertical this summer, a fact supported by this video of the sophomore throwing down some dunks in his driveway. That becomes all the more impressive when you consider that he also added 16 pounds of muscle:
Stauskas isn’t alone.
Robinson, who was already one of the most impressive athletes in the country, has apparently reached freak status when it comes to his leaping ability. He can now reach 12-feet, 3-inches off of his vertical, which is insane.
At the very least, the Wolverines should be an entertaining team to watch this season.
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)