Oct 24, 2013, 3:39 PM EDT
Stanford’s front court depth took a bit of a hit on Thursday.
Sophomore forward Rosco Allen will be out for six-to-eight weeks with a shin injury. The news was first reported by Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
Allen averaged 3.2 points and 2.1 rebounds as a freshman in 2012-2013. With Dwight Powell and Josh Huestis back, minutes in the Cardinal front court are fairly scarce, but Allen is a former top 75 recruit. He’ll see minutes when he gets healthy.
Assuming it takes Allen eight weeks to recover, he could be back in the lineup by the time Stanford plays at UConn on December 18th. He’ll miss games against BYU, Denver, Northwestern and the Legends Classic.
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)