Oct 24, 2013, 3:39 PM EDT
Stanford’s front court depth took a bit of a hit on Thursday.
Sophomore forward Rosco Allen will be out for six-to-eight weeks with a shin injury. The news was first reported by Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
Allen averaged 3.2 points and 2.1 rebounds as a freshman in 2012-2013. With Dwight Powell and Josh Huestis back, minutes in the Cardinal front court are fairly scarce, but Allen is a former top 75 recruit. He’ll see minutes when he gets healthy.
Assuming it takes Allen eight weeks to recover, he could be back in the lineup by the time Stanford plays at UConn on December 18th. He’ll miss games against BYU, Denver, Northwestern and the Legends Classic.
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)