Oct 24, 2013, 3:39 PM EDT
Stanford’s front court depth took a bit of a hit on Thursday.
Sophomore forward Rosco Allen will be out for six-to-eight weeks with a shin injury. The news was first reported by Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
Allen averaged 3.2 points and 2.1 rebounds as a freshman in 2012-2013. With Dwight Powell and Josh Huestis back, minutes in the Cardinal front court are fairly scarce, but Allen is a former top 75 recruit. He’ll see minutes when he gets healthy.
Assuming it takes Allen eight weeks to recover, he could be back in the lineup by the time Stanford plays at UConn on December 18th. He’ll miss games against BYU, Denver, Northwestern and the Legends Classic.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)