Oct 24, 2013, 3:39 PM EDT
Stanford’s front court depth took a bit of a hit on Thursday.
Sophomore forward Rosco Allen will be out for six-to-eight weeks with a shin injury. The news was first reported by Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
Allen averaged 3.2 points and 2.1 rebounds as a freshman in 2012-2013. With Dwight Powell and Josh Huestis back, minutes in the Cardinal front court are fairly scarce, but Allen is a former top 75 recruit. He’ll see minutes when he gets healthy.
Assuming it takes Allen eight weeks to recover, he could be back in the lineup by the time Stanford plays at UConn on December 18th. He’ll miss games against BYU, Denver, Northwestern and the Legends Classic.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)