Oct 25, 2013, 8:46 PM EDT
Early this month 2014 combo forward Ray Kasongo reportedly decided that he would attend Oregon, picking the Ducks over UConn. But within hours of making that decision Kasongo had a change of heart, announcing that he needed more time to make his decision.
On Friday Kasongo made that decision, re-committing to Oregon via his Twitter account.
Kasongo’s commitment caps a good day for Dana Altman’s program, with the NCAA clearing Houston transfer Joseph Young to play immediately. Young will help Oregon on the perimeter immediately, and in regards to Kasongo the hope is that the athletic forward will be ready to do the same when he arrives on campus next year.
Oregon loses three front court players, UNLV transfer Mike Moser and seniors Richard Amardi and Waverly Austin after this season. That means both Kasongo and junior college transfer Dwayne Benjamin (he’ll arrive in 2014 as well) will have the opportunity to earn significant playing time in 2014. Oregon has two other wings on the current roster in juniors Elgin Cook and Jalil Abdul-Bassit, and underclassmen Ben Carter (sophomore) and Jordan Bell (freshman) will factor into the Ducks’ plans as well.
Kasongo is Oregon’s third verbal commitment in the 2014 class, joining the aforementioned Benjamin and point guard Casey Benson.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)