Oct 26, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
This year’s Duke team is younger than what we usually see in Durham. That’s tough, because everyone’s still learning how to play the right way. It’s also a great opportunity, because everyone’s still learning how to play the right way.
That means a clever coach can introduce a new style of play without as much resistance.
Exactly how Mike Krzyzewski has changed his team won’t be obvious until we get to see them in person, but the Hall of Fame coach himself admitted his squad is changing things up, following a convincing 103-67 exhibition victory over DII CIAA champs Bowie State today.
“The older guys are learning and aren’t teaching as much,” Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said of having a young team. “When you have older guys who’ve played a system that you’ve played, you put younger guys on the spot. We’re all learning this new way of playing, a faster way of playing.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0