Oct 26, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
Sometimes a big hoops budget buys meat-and-potatoes type stuff like weight rooms, new uniforms and charter flights.
Sometimes, it buys you a visit from Nicki Minaj for your preseason basketball event, as it did with Villanova’s Hoops Mania.
VUHoops.com had the full story, such as it was:
After a week that included rumours involving Kendrick Lamar performing at Villanova, Nicki Minaj came out in a Villanova jersey and shocked The Pavilion much to the delight of ‘Nova Nation. Seriously, try to stay off Twitter for the next few hours, but if you must go there, try to not search for “Nicki Minaj” or “Hoops Mania” or “OMG” – it’s pretty crazy on there.
Another home run from the Villanova administration – this seems like one of the best Hoops Mania events yet.
These events just keep getting bigger and bigger. I fully expect a Breaking Bad reunion show at The Pit next season.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)