Oct 26, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
Sometimes a big hoops budget buys meat-and-potatoes type stuff like weight rooms, new uniforms and charter flights.
Sometimes, it buys you a visit from Nicki Minaj for your preseason basketball event, as it did with Villanova’s Hoops Mania.
VUHoops.com had the full story, such as it was:
After a week that included rumours involving Kendrick Lamar performing at Villanova, Nicki Minaj came out in a Villanova jersey and shocked The Pavilion much to the delight of ‘Nova Nation. Seriously, try to stay off Twitter for the next few hours, but if you must go there, try to not search for “Nicki Minaj” or “Hoops Mania” or “OMG” – it’s pretty crazy on there.
Another home run from the Villanova administration – this seems like one of the best Hoops Mania events yet.
These events just keep getting bigger and bigger. I fully expect a Breaking Bad reunion show at The Pit next season.
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 0
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 5
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (9)