Oct 26, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
Sometimes a big hoops budget buys meat-and-potatoes type stuff like weight rooms, new uniforms and charter flights.
Sometimes, it buys you a visit from Nicki Minaj for your preseason basketball event, as it did with Villanova’s Hoops Mania.
VUHoops.com had the full story, such as it was:
After a week that included rumours involving Kendrick Lamar performing at Villanova, Nicki Minaj came out in a Villanova jersey and shocked The Pavilion much to the delight of ‘Nova Nation. Seriously, try to stay off Twitter for the next few hours, but if you must go there, try to not search for “Nicki Minaj” or “Hoops Mania” or “OMG” – it’s pretty crazy on there.
Another home run from the Villanova administration – this seems like one of the best Hoops Mania events yet.
These events just keep getting bigger and bigger. I fully expect a Breaking Bad reunion show at The Pit next season.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)