Oct 26, 2013, 4:10 PM EST
Sometimes a big hoops budget buys meat-and-potatoes type stuff like weight rooms, new uniforms and charter flights.
Sometimes, it buys you a visit from Nicki Minaj for your preseason basketball event, as it did with Villanova’s Hoops Mania.
VUHoops.com had the full story, such as it was:
After a week that included rumours involving Kendrick Lamar performing at Villanova, Nicki Minaj came out in a Villanova jersey and shocked The Pavilion much to the delight of ‘Nova Nation. Seriously, try to stay off Twitter for the next few hours, but if you must go there, try to not search for “Nicki Minaj” or “Hoops Mania” or “OMG” – it’s pretty crazy on there.
Another home run from the Villanova administration – this seems like one of the best Hoops Mania events yet.
These events just keep getting bigger and bigger. I fully expect a Breaking Bad reunion show at The Pit next season.
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 1
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 0
- Former Rutgers player Derrick Randall sues school over Mike Rice’s actions 2
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings 0
- Maurice Creek, George Washington proving to be a match made in heaven 0
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)