Oct 27, 2013, 11:23 PM EST
Turns out that Indiana will add a Wilbraham and Monson Academy product to the program next season after all.
After missing out on big man Goodluck Okonoboh earlier this month the Hoosiers received a verbal commitment from 6-foot-8 forward Max Hoetzel on Sunday evening. The news was first reported by Paul Biancardi of ESPN.com and Hoetzel becomes Indiana’s second commitment in the 2014 class, joining shooting guard Robert Johnson.
Hoetzel made the move to Wilbraham and Monson from Calabasas (Calif.) HS, where he played on a team that finished the 2012-13 season with a 23-6 record and reached the quarterfinals of the CIF Southern Section Class 3AAA tournament. In making the move to Wilbraham and Monson the hope for Hoetzel, who also made Germany’s Under-18 team this summer but decided not to play for them in the U-18 European championships, was that his recruitment would pick up.
That certainly was the case and just a couple days after being offered by Indiana, Hoetzel committed after taking his official visit to the school. Hoetzel’s regarded as a good perimeter shooter, and he joins a front court that currently has just one senior (wing Will Sheehey). Below are a few clips of Hoetzel in action while at Calabasas.
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)