Oct 27, 2013, 11:23 PM EDT
Turns out that Indiana will add a Wilbraham and Monson Academy product to the program next season after all.
After missing out on big man Goodluck Okonoboh earlier this month the Hoosiers received a verbal commitment from 6-foot-8 forward Max Hoetzel on Sunday evening. The news was first reported by Paul Biancardi of ESPN.com and Hoetzel becomes Indiana’s second commitment in the 2014 class, joining shooting guard Robert Johnson.
Hoetzel made the move to Wilbraham and Monson from Calabasas (Calif.) HS, where he played on a team that finished the 2012-13 season with a 23-6 record and reached the quarterfinals of the CIF Southern Section Class 3AAA tournament. In making the move to Wilbraham and Monson the hope for Hoetzel, who also made Germany’s Under-18 team this summer but decided not to play for them in the U-18 European championships, was that his recruitment would pick up.
That certainly was the case and just a couple days after being offered by Indiana, Hoetzel committed after taking his official visit to the school. Hoetzel’s regarded as a good perimeter shooter, and he joins a front court that currently has just one senior (wing Will Sheehey). Below are a few clips of Hoetzel in action while at Calabasas.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)