Oct 27, 2013, 11:23 PM EDT
Turns out that Indiana will add a Wilbraham and Monson Academy product to the program next season after all.
After missing out on big man Goodluck Okonoboh earlier this month the Hoosiers received a verbal commitment from 6-foot-8 forward Max Hoetzel on Sunday evening. The news was first reported by Paul Biancardi of ESPN.com and Hoetzel becomes Indiana’s second commitment in the 2014 class, joining shooting guard Robert Johnson.
Hoetzel made the move to Wilbraham and Monson from Calabasas (Calif.) HS, where he played on a team that finished the 2012-13 season with a 23-6 record and reached the quarterfinals of the CIF Southern Section Class 3AAA tournament. In making the move to Wilbraham and Monson the hope for Hoetzel, who also made Germany’s Under-18 team this summer but decided not to play for them in the U-18 European championships, was that his recruitment would pick up.
That certainly was the case and just a couple days after being offered by Indiana, Hoetzel committed after taking his official visit to the school. Hoetzel’s regarded as a good perimeter shooter, and he joins a front court that currently has just one senior (wing Will Sheehey). Below are a few clips of Hoetzel in action while at Calabasas.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)