Oct 27, 2013, 11:23 PM EST
Turns out that Indiana will add a Wilbraham and Monson Academy product to the program next season after all.
After missing out on big man Goodluck Okonoboh earlier this month the Hoosiers received a verbal commitment from 6-foot-8 forward Max Hoetzel on Sunday evening. The news was first reported by Paul Biancardi of ESPN.com and Hoetzel becomes Indiana’s second commitment in the 2014 class, joining shooting guard Robert Johnson.
Hoetzel made the move to Wilbraham and Monson from Calabasas (Calif.) HS, where he played on a team that finished the 2012-13 season with a 23-6 record and reached the quarterfinals of the CIF Southern Section Class 3AAA tournament. In making the move to Wilbraham and Monson the hope for Hoetzel, who also made Germany’s Under-18 team this summer but decided not to play for them in the U-18 European championships, was that his recruitment would pick up.
That certainly was the case and just a couple days after being offered by Indiana, Hoetzel committed after taking his official visit to the school. Hoetzel’s regarded as a good perimeter shooter, and he joins a front court that currently has just one senior (wing Will Sheehey). Below are a few clips of Hoetzel in action while at Calabasas.
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 0
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 3
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 3
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)