Oct 27, 2013, 11:23 PM EDT
Turns out that Indiana will add a Wilbraham and Monson Academy product to the program next season after all.
After missing out on big man Goodluck Okonoboh earlier this month the Hoosiers received a verbal commitment from 6-foot-8 forward Max Hoetzel on Sunday evening. The news was first reported by Paul Biancardi of ESPN.com and Hoetzel becomes Indiana’s second commitment in the 2014 class, joining shooting guard Robert Johnson.
Hoetzel made the move to Wilbraham and Monson from Calabasas (Calif.) HS, where he played on a team that finished the 2012-13 season with a 23-6 record and reached the quarterfinals of the CIF Southern Section Class 3AAA tournament. In making the move to Wilbraham and Monson the hope for Hoetzel, who also made Germany’s Under-18 team this summer but decided not to play for them in the U-18 European championships, was that his recruitment would pick up.
That certainly was the case and just a couple days after being offered by Indiana, Hoetzel committed after taking his official visit to the school. Hoetzel’s regarded as a good perimeter shooter, and he joins a front court that currently has just one senior (wing Will Sheehey). Below are a few clips of Hoetzel in action while at Calabasas.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)