Oct 27, 2013, 1:15 PM EST
Hope you all enjoyed Hoops ‘n’ Halloween!!! We had a great turnout and Jackie Moon joined us as guest coach. pic.twitter.com/8znycTI3dS
— KentStMBB (@KentStMBB) October 27, 2013
Will Ferrell is a popular actor among college basketball coaches. Earlier this preseason at Kansas’ Late Night at the Phog, head coach Bill Self reenacted Ferrell’s iconic role as Ron Burgundy from the movie Anchorman. He also played the role of Ferrell’s Frank “The Tank” Ricard character during the team’s version of the initiation scene from the movie Old School.
On Saturday night, Kent State head coach Rob Senderoff decided to dress as Ferrell’s basketbal playing character, Jackie Moon from the movie Semi-Pro, during the program’s Hoop ‘n’ Halloween event.
In the 2008 movie, Moon — the owner, coach and player of the fictional Flint Tropics — led his team to a fourth-place finish in the ABA. Senderoff had his Golden Flashes finish one spot better in the MAC East Division standings, ending the 2012-2013 campaign with a 21-14 (9-7 MAC) record.
Kent State starts the season on Nov. 8 against Ohio Northern.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)