Oct 27, 2013, 1:15 PM EST
Hope you all enjoyed Hoops ‘n’ Halloween!!! We had a great turnout and Jackie Moon joined us as guest coach. pic.twitter.com/8znycTI3dS
— KentStMBB (@KentStMBB) October 27, 2013
Will Ferrell is a popular actor among college basketball coaches. Earlier this preseason at Kansas’ Late Night at the Phog, head coach Bill Self reenacted Ferrell’s iconic role as Ron Burgundy from the movie Anchorman. He also played the role of Ferrell’s Frank “The Tank” Ricard character during the team’s version of the initiation scene from the movie Old School.
On Saturday night, Kent State head coach Rob Senderoff decided to dress as Ferrell’s basketbal playing character, Jackie Moon from the movie Semi-Pro, during the program’s Hoop ‘n’ Halloween event.
In the 2008 movie, Moon — the owner, coach and player of the fictional Flint Tropics — led his team to a fourth-place finish in the ABA. Senderoff had his Golden Flashes finish one spot better in the MAC East Division standings, ending the 2012-2013 campaign with a 21-14 (9-7 MAC) record.
Kent State starts the season on Nov. 8 against Ohio Northern.
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 0
- Senior starters once again lead the way for No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing the most important part: His One Shining Moment 2
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 2
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 2
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Wake Forest beats No. 4 Duke as Blue Devils struggle to score again 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)