Oct 27, 2013, 1:15 PM EDT
Hope you all enjoyed Hoops ‘n’ Halloween!!! We had a great turnout and Jackie Moon joined us as guest coach. pic.twitter.com/8znycTI3dS
— KentStMBB (@KentStMBB) October 27, 2013
Will Ferrell is a popular actor among college basketball coaches. Earlier this preseason at Kansas’ Late Night at the Phog, head coach Bill Self reenacted Ferrell’s iconic role as Ron Burgundy from the movie Anchorman. He also played the role of Ferrell’s Frank “The Tank” Ricard character during the team’s version of the initiation scene from the movie Old School.
On Saturday night, Kent State head coach Rob Senderoff decided to dress as Ferrell’s basketbal playing character, Jackie Moon from the movie Semi-Pro, during the program’s Hoop ‘n’ Halloween event.
In the 2008 movie, Moon — the owner, coach and player of the fictional Flint Tropics — led his team to a fourth-place finish in the ABA. Senderoff had his Golden Flashes finish one spot better in the MAC East Division standings, ending the 2012-2013 campaign with a 21-14 (9-7 MAC) record.
Kent State starts the season on Nov. 8 against Ohio Northern.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)