Oct 27, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
Jabari Parker and Rodney Hood are the two most talked about newcomers to the Duke program this season, and rightfully so. But during this preseason, freshman forward Semi Ojeleye is doing everything to remind the Cameron Crazies that he was a four-start prospect coming out of Ottawa High (Kan.).
Last week at Duke’s midnight madness, the 6-foot-7 forward won the the team’s dunk contest. However, his best dunk so far was saved for Thursday’s practice. During a 5-on-5 drill, Tyler Thornton lobbed a half-court pass to Ojeleye on the baseline. He skied to reach the pass, completing the alley-oop with a vicious one-handed slam.
Two days later, Ojeleye tallied three points and six boards in 11 minutes of action in Duke’s 103-67 preseason win over Bowie State.
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ 4
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Watch Stephen Curry put 40 on Gonzaga in the NCAA tournament (VIDEO) (3)
- Five-star power forward Elijah Thomas sets five official visits (3)