Oct 27, 2013, 9:45 AM EST
Jabari Parker and Rodney Hood are the two most talked about newcomers to the Duke program this season, and rightfully so. But during this preseason, freshman forward Semi Ojeleye is doing everything to remind the Cameron Crazies that he was a four-start prospect coming out of Ottawa High (Kan.).
Last week at Duke’s midnight madness, the 6-foot-7 forward won the the team’s dunk contest. However, his best dunk so far was saved for Thursday’s practice. During a 5-on-5 drill, Tyler Thornton lobbed a half-court pass to Ojeleye on the baseline. He skied to reach the pass, completing the alley-oop with a vicious one-handed slam.
Two days later, Ojeleye tallied three points and six boards in 11 minutes of action in Duke’s 103-67 preseason win over Bowie State.
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game 2
- Colorado needs game-winner to serve as a catalyst for Askia Booker (VIDEO) 0
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again 3
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games 4
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings (2)