Oct 27, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
Jabari Parker and Rodney Hood are the two most talked about newcomers to the Duke program this season, and rightfully so. But during this preseason, freshman forward Semi Ojeleye is doing everything to remind the Cameron Crazies that he was a four-start prospect coming out of Ottawa High (Kan.).
Last week at Duke’s midnight madness, the 6-foot-7 forward won the the team’s dunk contest. However, his best dunk so far was saved for Thursday’s practice. During a 5-on-5 drill, Tyler Thornton lobbed a half-court pass to Ojeleye on the baseline. He skied to reach the pass, completing the alley-oop with a vicious one-handed slam.
Two days later, Ojeleye tallied three points and six boards in 11 minutes of action in Duke’s 103-67 preseason win over Bowie State.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)