Oct 27, 2013, 9:45 AM EST
Jabari Parker and Rodney Hood are the two most talked about newcomers to the Duke program this season, and rightfully so. But during this preseason, freshman forward Semi Ojeleye is doing everything to remind the Cameron Crazies that he was a four-start prospect coming out of Ottawa High (Kan.).
Last week at Duke’s midnight madness, the 6-foot-7 forward won the the team’s dunk contest. However, his best dunk so far was saved for Thursday’s practice. During a 5-on-5 drill, Tyler Thornton lobbed a half-court pass to Ojeleye on the baseline. He skied to reach the pass, completing the alley-oop with a vicious one-handed slam.
Two days later, Ojeleye tallied three points and six boards in 11 minutes of action in Duke’s 103-67 preseason win over Bowie State.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (5)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)