Oct 28, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Over the weekend, UCLA landed their first commitment in the class of 2014 when Gyorgy Goloman committed to the Bruins. The news was first reported by Evan Daniels of Scout.com.
Goloman is a 6-foot-9 native of Hungary, but he’s playing his senior season at a high school in Florida. Scout rates Goloman as a three-star recruit, but they are the only major recruiting outlet that has a profile on him.
Goloman had been receiving mostly mid-major recruiting interest, with offers from the Davidson, Richmond and New Mexico, according to Scout.
Goloman is the only player committed to the Bruins in the Class of 2014 since Trevon Blueitt decommitted.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)