Oct 28, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
Over the weekend, UCLA landed their first commitment in the class of 2014 when Gyorgy Goloman committed to the Bruins. The news was first reported by Evan Daniels of Scout.com.
Goloman is a 6-foot-9 native of Hungary, but he’s playing his senior season at a high school in Florida. Scout rates Goloman as a three-star recruit, but they are the only major recruiting outlet that has a profile on him.
Goloman had been receiving mostly mid-major recruiting interest, with offers from the Davidson, Richmond and New Mexico, according to Scout.
Goloman is the only player committed to the Bruins in the Class of 2014 since Trevon Blueitt decommitted.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (30)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)