Oct 28, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
Over the weekend, UCLA landed their first commitment in the class of 2014 when Gyorgy Goloman committed to the Bruins. The news was first reported by Evan Daniels of Scout.com.
Goloman is a 6-foot-9 native of Hungary, but he’s playing his senior season at a high school in Florida. Scout rates Goloman as a three-star recruit, but they are the only major recruiting outlet that has a profile on him.
Goloman had been receiving mostly mid-major recruiting interest, with offers from the Davidson, Richmond and New Mexico, according to Scout.
Goloman is the only player committed to the Bruins in the Class of 2014 since Trevon Blueitt decommitted.
- Weekend Preview: Iowa-Iowa State highlights a rivalry-heavy weekend slate 5
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Teams 1
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Who are the top five teams as of today? 2
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 1
- Weekend Preview: Iowa-Iowa State highlights a rivalry-heavy weekend slate (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Why is Kentucky’s attendance going down? UK writer says Rupp is ‘stale’ (4)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Late Night Snacks: Rhode Island rivalry and VCU’s overtime (2)