Oct 28, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Over the weekend, UCLA landed their first commitment in the class of 2014 when Gyorgy Goloman committed to the Bruins. The news was first reported by Evan Daniels of Scout.com.
Goloman is a 6-foot-9 native of Hungary, but he’s playing his senior season at a high school in Florida. Scout rates Goloman as a three-star recruit, but they are the only major recruiting outlet that has a profile on him.
Goloman had been receiving mostly mid-major recruiting interest, with offers from the Davidson, Richmond and New Mexico, according to Scout.
Goloman is the only player committed to the Bruins in the Class of 2014 since Trevon Blueitt decommitted.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 0
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)