Oct 28, 2013, 3:43 PM EDT
Arizona added a third member to their 2014 recruiting class on Monday as Kadeem Allen committed to the program after taking a weekend visit.
Allen is a 6-foot-3 combo-guard that plays for Hutchinson Community College in Kansas. After averaging 17.4 points, 5.3 rebounds and 3.8 assists for one of the best JuCo programs in the country, Allen was named an all-american and the MVP of the Kansas Jayhawk Conference’s Western Division.
Coming out of high school, Allen was a borderline high-major prospect. His athleticism was never questioned, but his work ethic and desire were. He didn’t get the grades to go to college immediately, so Allen ended up at Hutchinson.
Joining Allen in Arizona’s class: point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright from LA and Craig Victor from New Orleans.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)