Oct 28, 2013, 3:43 PM EDT
Arizona added a third member to their 2014 recruiting class on Monday as Kadeem Allen committed to the program after taking a weekend visit.
Allen is a 6-foot-3 combo-guard that plays for Hutchinson Community College in Kansas. After averaging 17.4 points, 5.3 rebounds and 3.8 assists for one of the best JuCo programs in the country, Allen was named an all-american and the MVP of the Kansas Jayhawk Conference’s Western Division.
Coming out of high school, Allen was a borderline high-major prospect. His athleticism was never questioned, but his work ethic and desire were. He didn’t get the grades to go to college immediately, so Allen ended up at Hutchinson.
Joining Allen in Arizona’s class: point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright from LA and Craig Victor from New Orleans.
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 1
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 2
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 3
- Bracketology: Delaware, Manhattan, Wofford punch tickets 1
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 1
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)