Oct 28, 2013, 3:43 PM EST
Arizona added a third member to their 2014 recruiting class on Monday as Kadeem Allen committed to the program after taking a weekend visit.
Allen is a 6-foot-3 combo-guard that plays for Hutchinson Community College in Kansas. After averaging 17.4 points, 5.3 rebounds and 3.8 assists for one of the best JuCo programs in the country, Allen was named an all-american and the MVP of the Kansas Jayhawk Conference’s Western Division.
Coming out of high school, Allen was a borderline high-major prospect. His athleticism was never questioned, but his work ethic and desire were. He didn’t get the grades to go to college immediately, so Allen ended up at Hutchinson.
Joining Allen in Arizona’s class: point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright from LA and Craig Victor from New Orleans.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)