Oct 28, 2013, 3:43 PM EDT
Arizona added a third member to their 2014 recruiting class on Monday as Kadeem Allen committed to the program after taking a weekend visit.
Allen is a 6-foot-3 combo-guard that plays for Hutchinson Community College in Kansas. After averaging 17.4 points, 5.3 rebounds and 3.8 assists for one of the best JuCo programs in the country, Allen was named an all-american and the MVP of the Kansas Jayhawk Conference’s Western Division.
Coming out of high school, Allen was a borderline high-major prospect. His athleticism was never questioned, but his work ethic and desire were. He didn’t get the grades to go to college immediately, so Allen ended up at Hutchinson.
Joining Allen in Arizona’s class: point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright from LA and Craig Victor from New Orleans.
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- UConn lands former Seton Hall guard Sterling Gibbs, eligible immediately 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (6)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)