Oct 28, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
Florida State lost a key member of their 2014 recruiting class on Monday, as JuCo transfer Josh Gray decommitted from the program.
The news was first reported by Brad Winton of JucoRecruiting.com.
Gray spent his freshman season at Texas Tech in 2012-2013, but he left the team after a 11-20 campaign that saw three different coaches in charge of the program. Billy Gillispie was fired in September, Chris Walker coached the team last season and Tubby Smith was hired in the spring.
Gray will play at Odessa JC this season. He had committed to play for the Seminoles last month.
Gray’s traversed an interesting path at the collegiate level. He was originally signed to Mississippi State, but backed out when Rick Stansbury was fired after the 2011-2012 season. Wherever he ends up playing his final two seasons will be the fifth college program that he’s been associated with.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0